Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

over leveled armies that can attack low level players - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 08:43 AM

Zolfo has a default reputation
Default over leveled armies that can attack low level players

is there gonna be balancing regarding what level units can attack other players?

I ask because i was just attacked by a player who only had 4 lvl 15 elf swordsman and he destroyed my city with them. they had 100% resistances across the board and decimated my full army of over 60 combat units. does this seam a little unbalanced?

this can and prollly will put off alot of players.

Suggested fix: dont only take into account army strength (this player had only 150 army strength listed) take into account the unit levels as well to prevent them from completely overtaking young towns.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 PM

Twoeyesofhate has a default reputation
Default protection timer bug

every time I try to make a new city my protection timer starts to count down right at the opening scene I was told by in game MOD to post it up on forums and then someone would have to look at my game

Last edited by Twoeyesofhate : 01-27-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:34 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoeyesofhate View Post
every time I try to make a new city my protection timer starts to count down right at the opening scene I was told by in game MOD to post it up on forums and then someone would have to look at my game and to leave my username wich is Twoeyesofhate
Though preferably you should of created a new post, thank you for reporting this. Hopefully a Dev can take a look inside your city and see what the issue is soon.

Additionally, if you are having troubles with the steam version of the game in general, I recommend that you download the stand alone client. You will need your CD key which will be in a link to the right of Dawn of Fantasy after you select it in your library.

http://kw.reverieworld.com/download.php

PS: I'm not a MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolfo View Post
Suggested fix: dont only take into account army strength (this player had only 150 army strength listed) take into account the unit levels as well to prevent them from completely overtaking young towns.
A unit will increase in strength as it levels. Maybe some of the units will need to be re-looked at. Balancing is an on going process that will never end I can assure you of that. And I am sure many balance updates have happened since you posted this.

Last edited by Langor : 01-26-2014 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Double reply
Old 01-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Twoeyesofhate, thanks for letting us know. We are looking into this.
Have you tried - restarting the game before creating a new town?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:58 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Have you tried - restarting the game before creating a new town?
Yes, he stated in game he had restarted the game and afterwards every time he makes a new town it still starts to count down. This is why I referred him to the bug forums and requested that he post his log.

Additionally, he stated in game that if he does a file check with steam before logging in the timer will not start. Sounds like an antivirus/firewall/maleware and administrator rights issue. But in case its a steam issue I have posted the stand alone download link.

Last edited by Langor : 01-27-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 01-27-2014, 02:51 PM

Twoeyesofhate has a default reputation

yes I have restarted game ive even re-validated my files threw steam and nothing works. I actually played 2 hrs on orc city and then all my recources buildings and crowns just disappeared. I was so upset I actually deleted the city LOL. Guess im just meant to stick with humans. And im sorry to have posted in this forum im new and haven't figured out yet how to start a new thread
Old 01-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

No need to feel sorry for the post, it`s me who have to once again apologize. Great to see you are being cool about it, and not giving up on the game. We`ll keep on looking into the causes of that problem (first report we have of this bug), and let us know if someone else goes wrong - we`ll try to help.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:22 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoeyesofhate View Post
And im sorry to have posted in this forum im new and haven't figured out yet how to start a new thread
No need to be sorry! The important part is that it was reported. And more importantly that the bug gets fixed.

Had another report of this with QuelTalos in game. I asked him to reboot and it fixed his problem. Just reporting it. May need someone to check out the PvP timer code. He was playing Humans on the steam client.

Also, Twoeyesofhate has reported to me that the standalone client fixed his problem.