Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Units balancements i want your opinions - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
I got my knights to 100% slash last night. I woke up this morning and it is back at 90 but I can put points into slash again to get it up to 100.

I was using knights against a army that used bladestorm and just totally destroyed me in 5 seconds.

agincourt huh?? you a torontonian as well
i need more detailed answers

he got bladestorm i got knights is not a valid answer, what level your knights are and how they are skilled, what level his bladestorm where etc
what formation you where using, with wrong formation and skilling any unit can rape any unit.

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-28-2013, 10:35 AM

Call4God has a default reputation

Bladestorms are very clearly overpowered at the moment. I believe it is the ability that makes them so. Entire squads of men dissapear instantly in lower levels, I almost lost a squad of level 10 swordsmen max resist in shieldwall+battle line to 5 random NPC bladestorms on the view area map. Something is wrong with them.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:38 AM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

As far as i'm concerned, leveling units is a chore. If only we could level units from the world map........
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call4God View Post
Bladestorms are very clearly overpowered at the moment. I believe it is the ability that makes them so. Entire squads of men dissapear instantly in lower levels, I almost lost a squad of level 10 swordsmen max resist in shieldwall+battle line to 5 random NPC bladestorms on the view area map. Something is wrong with them.
While the balancing is turned to stamina and damage, I think it's the range increase that did this. Units get multiple hits by different bladestorms, making the ability x3x4x5 as powerful.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laradon View Post
While the balancing is turned to stamina and damage, I think it's the range increase that did this. Units get multiple hits by different bladestorms, making the ability x3x4x5 as powerful.
for now i added a cooldown so ppl cant use ability more than once every 15 sec, and removed 50 dmg, also augmented stamina .

than i am gonna test if range is an issue , or if there is any problem regards multiple soldier hit a target together an add more whirlwind dmg.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:36 PM

forandever has a default reputation
Unhappy Fragile, thy name is dragon

Please, check.. Dragon is really weak on PvP for his army power.

Just have a try. For example, lv 20 units from the city(melee and ranged and mounted) VS lv 60 Royal Dragon as a same Army Strength.

I tried many times.. I lost 5 Royal dragons.. they were all above the lv 40. One was above lv 50. (now I have just 1 Royal drag lv 58)

Sometimes my dragon fought with my Cavalry, archers and knights(whoes lv is all above lv 10~15), Sometimes my dragon fought alone(1 Dragon army)

But It was hopeless.. Check it out how many times I won PvP(103 win). I won almost case without dragon in my army(more than 50 times?). But I lose almost case(20 or more times?) when I was with my Royal Dragon.

Dragon is useless on PvP.. totally useless except the case opponent is over-estimating the Dragon's Power and fall back or the case opponent is cautious beginner.
The dragon's only worth lies in Quest. and plus maybe when defending the city(not as a fighter role, but as a hitting seige weapon and run role)

The most big problem is.. as I wrote before..

The Dragon can do nothing for a few seconds whenever he's surrounded by 2 or more groups of enemy's melee or mounted unit. (the enemy unit's lv doesn't matter, I think. That means even by lv 1 units)

It means for about 5~10 seconds he's just stunned, only doing defence pose with his wings and doing no damage on enemy units.

For a few seconds, he can't use fireball, firewall, and cant attack(melee), cant move at all.

And for that moments.. Dragon is significantly damaged(he lost a lot of HP for that monents with doing nothing damage(melee, firewall, fireball) on enemy units.

I tried hit and run with Dragon's fast speed and charging DMG .. but It was useless too, when the enemy melee units move together. The dragon couldn't give them a little dmg. Firewall is useless too, when the melee foot guys or mounted guys move quickly and while using firewall or fireball, he's just a sandbag, a dummy. There's no reason to take a risk to use firewall. Using firewall => means a dummy with doing little dmg to enemy and Being surrounded with melee guys=> Death is near quickly.

When the opponent of my dragon take a risk of loosing a few units, he can kill or defeat my dragon so easily.. The dragon's lv is not important. He is weak at low lv, weak at high lv too. There's no need of Dragon Slayer unit.

Compare the case " lv 20 knight(1 Group) VS lv 1~5 knights(or swordsman) " as a same army strength.

Please.. Please check it... Dont let my 4 or 5 Royal dragons' death unworthy.

Last edited by forandever : 04-28-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Fragile, thy name is dragon
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

Dragons are awesomely strong in PvP. They have a max of 290 runspeed, so only the fastest cavalry can catch em. If they destroyed the cavalry with firewall or the enemy does not have any cavalry, nothing can stop it anymore. A dragon is not meant to clash with the enemies melees, you could forever run away and harass em until every single enemy is dead. You just used it wrong and there can't be any rebalancings for bad play imo or those who allready used it correctly get a OP boost. If I kill royal dragons in PvP I'm always thanking him silently for not running away. As the dragon is counted for an awesome amount of battlestrength, I would lose every single fight in which I dont manage to take down the dragon or make the enemy pay out.

As far as Battlestrength of Dragons is concerned, It can't be lowered. The synergy effect of 2 or 3 Dragons combined is just too strong, spaming Firewall or Fireball 3 times makes even the toughest units drop instantly. And hit and run tactics are greatly enhanced If you can let 1 or 2 dragons attack while the other can rest up.

Last edited by Laradon : 04-29-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:18 PM

the problem is strenght value is shared between dragons and heroes that means if i lower dragons i lower also heroes, dragons are not made for tank 10 enemy units in middle of the melee fight, becouse each soldier in a batallion apply his dmg, so if your knights do 500 dmg in truth is 500 dmg x 15, dragon is a lone unit linked to his animation for apply dmg, this is why is hard to balance. i my final consideration i wanna dragon to value around 200 strenght, as much as 10 lev 20 units. and heroes to value around 5-6 units lev 20. so around 80-100 strenght at lev 60
Dragons are made for harass, and fight/kill maximum 2-5 units. consider also combination, dragon dmg augment also with battle roar from heroes, getting around 2700 dmg.
Dragons are a force multiplier not a main hp buffer/tank

i just finished next balance patch expecial around elf abilities such as whirlwind, tackle ,than i am gonna work on strenght values for units than i return on dragons lowering 25%.30% strenght value and maybe augmenting hp by another 15-20k hp (an increae of roughly 22% )

i lowered also dmg multiplicator bonus on spear troops vs dragons and monsters, lowered also all dmg hero expecial dmg multiplicator for dragon slayer

Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laradon View Post
Dragons are awesomely strong in PvP. They have a max of 290 runspeed, so only the fastest cavalry can catch em. If they destroyed the cavalry with firewall or the enemy does not have any cavalry, nothing can stop it anymore. A dragon is not meant to clash with the enemies melees, you could forever run away and harass em until every single enemy is dead. You just used it wrong and there can't be any rebalancings for bad play imo or those who allready used it correctly get a OP boost. If I kill royal dragons in PvP I'm always thanking him silently for not running away. As the dragon is counted for an awesome amount of battlestrength, I would lose every single fight in which I dont manage to take down the dragon or make the enemy pay out.

As far as Battlestrength of Dragons is concerned, It can't be lowered. The synergy effect of 2 or 3 Dragons combined is just too strong, spaming Firewall or Fireball 3 times makes even the toughest units drop instantly. And hit and run tactics are greatly enhanced If you can let 1 or 2 dragons attack while the other can rest up.
Have u tried surrounding him? Although the dragon is fast, if he want to strike the enemy he must be close to the enemy(except fireball).And even the fireball is useless If the target(even the slow melee units) run towards the Dragon

Once.. just once he's surrounded, and the opponent takes a chance of loosing some of his units and doesn't fall back, the dragon will Surely Die, 99%.
As I wrote above, he becomes stunned when he's surrounded by melee units(2 or more groups).

My writting was focused on that fact

Surrounding him by my mounted knights I killed many dragons with almost no dmg recieved.

Suppose the enemy's melee units always move together. The dragon can't attack, if want to win or if want to survive !!!. Dont tell me he's awesomely strong, I lost many dragons , and I killed many dragons without any dragon in my army. All Dragon army has its risk too, just think of 120 crowns or the gold or the time that's needed for 1 single dragon. The opponets may lose some of his units, but one single dragon loss is no match for that. As I repeat and repeat.. if the opponet dont hesitate to lose some of his units, he can surely kill them one by one.

The firewall and fireball takes much time to use that ability, I mean, posing time to use that ability. Dont exaggerate that ability. Single firewall or fireball cant kill the knights or melee units. And.. just a little move is enough to evade the fireball and firewall. And if many points are spent to stamina, his melee attack becomes low. He couldnt kill the knights with his twice attack. My lv 58 Royal dragon has above 1700 attk(has 400 stamina) but he couldnt kill swordsman lv 1~2 unit group with his single melee blow. U know what ? The Dragon's melee attack takes a little time too and has weakness to loose formation. And most units can have great defence on slash, moderate defence on crush(Dragon melee attk = half slash, half crush)..

Once he's surrounded, he becomes stunned with doing nothing but defence pose without doing any dmg to enemys. While the dragon is stunned he sometimes use firewall automatically to make his stamina points sometimes minus value.

Last edited by forandever : 04-30-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious666 View Post
the problem is strenght value is shared between dragons and heroes that means if i lower dragons i lower also heroes, dragons are not made for tank 10 enemy units in middle of the melee fight, becouse each soldier in a batallion apply his dmg, so if your knights do 500 dmg in truth is 500 dmg x 15, dragon is a lone unit linked to his animation for apply dmg, this is why is hard to balance. i my final consideration i wanna dragon to value around 200 strenght, as much as 10 lev 20 units. and heroes to value around 5-6 units lev 20. so around 80-100 strenght at lev 60
Dragons are made for harass, and fight/kill maximum 2-5 units. consider also combination, dragon dmg augment also with battle roar from heroes, getting around 2700 dmg.
Dragons are a force multiplier not a main hp buffer/tank

i just finished next balance patch expecial around elf abilities such as whirlwind, tackle ,than i am gonna work on strenght values for units than i return on dragons lowering 25%.30% strenght value and maybe augmenting hp by another 15-20k hp (an increae of roughly 22% )

i lowered also dmg multiplicator bonus on spear troops vs dragons and monsters, lowered also all dmg hero expecial dmg multiplicator for dragon slayer
Thanks,, but As I wrote above, he becomes stunned when he's surrounded by melee units(2 or more groups). My writting was focused on that fact.

Surrounding him by my mounted knights I killed many dragons with almost no dmg recieved.

Plz....check it

Last edited by forandever : 04-29-2013 at 10:25 PM.