Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PATCH # 9 - Balance Part II - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 PM

WalterChin has a default reputation
Default Ladder/Siege-Ladder Bug

Wanna report that when the siege is on the wall, some units tend to stuck below or on top of the siege ladder/ladder. they just stand there and not moving to anywhere

And there's another thing, regarding the wall my archers beneath the wall keep firing arrows at the enemy who is on the wall. I can see the arrows stopped at an invisible wall and did not hit the target. INVISIBLE WALL. which makes 6 groups of archers couldn't even kill one target :/... even catapult sometimes hit on invisible object. Very annoying issues

Last edited by WalterChin : 04-26-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: another Bug
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Call4God has a default reputation

Two concerns of mine with this latest patch.

First and far more important, is that Bladestorms are god-mode. Even just a handful of the NPC randoms on the "view area" map took 3 groups of level 10 swordsman(70/90/90% resist) down to less than half health almost instantly.

Second concern of mine, is if knights are still worth their weight. Swordsman in battle line+shield wall have more HP and much better resists, and move at almost the exact same speed. Knights do slightly more damage per model, but the lower amount of them cancels out any damage bonus the individual models had. As it sits, knights only real bonus is the heal, which has been super nerfed as I understand it, so I have to wonder if knights really have any place in a human army other than looking cool?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Bladestorms and Knights will be getting adjusted in the next patch. Vicious is doing terrific work on the balancing front :D
Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call4God View Post
Two concerns of mine with this latest patch.

First and far more important, is that Bladestorms are god-mode. Even just a handful of the NPC randoms on the "view area" map took 3 groups of level 10 swordsman(70/90/90% resist) down to less than half health almost instantly.

Second concern of mine, is if knights are still worth their weight. Swordsman in battle line+shield wall have more HP and much better resists, and move at almost the exact same speed. Knights do slightly more damage per model, but the lower amount of them cancels out any damage bonus the individual models had. As it sits, knights only real bonus is the heal, which has been super nerfed as I understand it, so I have to wonder if knights really have any place in a human army other than looking cool?
I would be careful with the knights, I fought lotsa lvl 20 Knights and the only problem that I saw, was, that people didnt max the damage on em but put too many points in Health. You shouldnt fail to notice that they are the only Units at this point, that deal magic damage. Only 50 of their magic damage is equal to 500 points of any other damage if the unit they fight has 90% resists. And they can have alot more of that magic damage now. I will definetly try out an Knight army on my humans in PvP soon and take a look at whats capable with that magic dam now.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM

I had forgotten they added magic damage to knights. That could very well be the kicker to keep knights as the shock troop of choice. :)
Old 04-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:
I had forgotten they added magic damage to knights. That could very well be the kicker to keep knights as the shock troop of choice. :)
I not added magic i augmented it, many months ago their dmg was 100+3 magic. wich was completely useless becouse even at 500 slash dmg magic dmg was like 12-15.

So i rebalanced them to have less slash but more magic dmg, to be something unique, a high tanked unit with lower dmg than berserker/grandmaster but whit magic dmg able to bypass armors, even if is a small % of the total.

consider grandmaster have magic res so they are ideal for fight knights, since they can block a good 60-70% of their magic dmg, but knights are tough, and grandmaster after 1 minute will end stamina for keep frenzy up. Knights have more hp than any other high armored infantry in game, and only slighly less res than swordsman/slayers

btw in next patch i am lowering grandmasters res, augment stamina cost of whirlwind and lower the dmg, same for tackle, i also added a cooldown of 15 seconds so it cant be spammed continuously lowered also dmg of leap for orcs.

And many other small balancements expecial for heroes (overall less dmg) expecial for warlord that is able to combine together 2 dmg abilities that allow to reach unreasonable dmg levels .

Goblin will get hiding, aswell another small hp and dmg boost. and orc cavalry get some love also.

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-28-2013, 10:22 AM

Swordsman might only have 'slightly' better resists, but at the higher levels even the slightest increase makes an enormous difference. the difference between 85% and 90% resist is the same as adding a whopping +50% hp, and the difference from 75% resists and 90% is adding 250% hp. So as it sits now, it seems Swordsman are better tanks(able to reach 90% against all weapon types), whereas knights do better damage due to magic attack.

My concern is less to do with overpowered/underpowered units, and more to do with the overlapping of roles making a unit obsolete. I don't see many cases where the Knight would be preferable to the Swordsman. In a one-on-one matchup there may be cases where the knight is superior, but the lack of blunt/piercing resistances makes them far less survivable in battle of any size, and this lack of survivabilty negates their stronger damage, as they die before they can bring much of it to bear, and the swordsmen keeps hacking away. =/
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

Quote:
Swordsman might only have 'slightly' better resists, but at the higher levels even the slightest increase makes an enormous difference. the difference between 85% and 90% resist is the same as adding a whopping +50% hp, and the difference from 75% resists and 90% is adding 250% hp. So as it sits now, it seems Swordsman are better tanks(able to reach 90% against all weapon types), whereas knights do better damage due to magic attack.

My concern is less to do with overpowered/underpowered units, and more to do with the overlapping of roles making a unit obsolete. I don't see many cases where the Knight would be preferable to the Swordsman. In a one-on-one matchup there may be cases where the knight is superior, but the lack of blunt/piercing resistances makes them far less survivable in battle of any size, and this lack of survivabilty negates their stronger damage, as they die before they can bring much of it to bear, and the swordsmen keeps hacking away. =/
Yes 85% resist and 90% resist means, that a 500 damage enemy will do either 75 or 50 damage, it's a big difference. And its even worse then you think, because its not only plus 50% more, but a bit over it, because the unit that gets attacked has alot more time to regenerate too. Actually its far more. Thats why changes to the resistance are probably the biggest cuts. Especially on melees that get attacked by multiple enemies at once in combat. Makes me a bit confused about the Grandmasters resist change, those seem fine at this point and they still get alot of damage against equal strong enemies or even die against maxed damage ranged _while_ battle frenzy is up. Sometimes making a unit underpowered or overpowered can be just 5% resist away. Also if you miss the battle frenzy rebuff you get tremendous damage within seconds you really gotta hammer that ****. I would leave the GMs like they are atm. Especially if units of other races can constantly hold that 90% without losing energy etc. Grandmaster really have to rush the combat, if they run out it's over. At this point, smaller cuts on the other attributes are more worthy. I think larger squads always got to have less resists then smaller ones, Grandmasters and Knights are one of the smallest. They get attacked by more enemies from larger squads at once. So Swordsman must have less imo and Knights more. Heavily Armored Knights should have more from an RPG point of view, too. And they are so slow that the slowness has to be countered by something. Btw you should make em stop losing energy if they run, their move and runspeed is the same.

Also the Battlestrength system is still in much disarray. Ofc people will lose more, if 500 strong armies are marked as 400 or even 300 because those numbers bug around all the time.

Last edited by Laradon : 04-28-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:

Swordsman dmg are purely slash, that can be mitigated much more easly than magic dmg : majority of units not have magic res.

Regards lack of blunt for knights, i just added +15 blunt (crush) res on knights anvil formation. wich is their preferible formation type. ,since add +50% slash dmg an +50% magic dmg so is ideal for melee fight.

if you wanna go vs archers you ca use skirmish formation with knights and reach 80-90% on pierce, and keep a good 70-75% on other res. but you have swordsman as high tanked low dmg infantry for absorb ranged fire.

Btw knights are made for absorb dmg and fight high tanked/dmg units like berserker/grandmasters: Knights have 2x heal personal+area heal (area heal work also on who cast it) have high res, ad magic dmg that bypass armor res.

Consider area heal now do 4hp regen x 20 seconds it means 80hp healed for EACH soldier in the unit so is 80hpx 15 = 1200hp healed + personal heal, so knights are able to mitigate around 2700hp in 20 seconds, they already are the infantry with more hp in game, so in my opinion their ability to stand and fight is even larger than swordsman, they are just less adaptable to situations, since when you chose formations you always sacrifice a lot of res, that make you vulnerable to melee or ranged or cav, while swordsman with line formation+shieldwall are pretty much omni tank

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing