Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

SEO and other things - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 AM

Ailric has a default reputation

I agree Gooberlord. As things stand, there is nothing that is distinct or transfers ownership which is absolutely key.

There should also be more and varied ways to use crowns to promote PvP. As things stand, people are too afraid of risking their level 20 units to PvP regularly, at least in many cases. I will post another thread on that so as not to derail.

As for SEO. It appears that there are several of us here that have SEO experience and are willing to volunteer time. We certainly need more players. I suspect there are seldom more than a couple of hundred playing. We need a lot more. Just as importantly we need a lot more revenue coming into the game. I think the mods and devs give away too many free keys to the game. They should instead create keys that give units (not crowns to buy units). We all like getting crowns, but that is the method by which they should be generating revenue. I would be just as happy to be given a key that would give a dragon. You can use the crowns the same way, but it is the mentality that I think we need to correct. This game will not continue unless it has revenue. I could host it for them and provide the bandwidth, but I can't pay the developers. I guess my biggest concern is with the model. Without the player base actively helping the company in promoting it, it will have limited growth.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM

GooberLord has a default reputation

I think a discussion of revenue options would be a great thread sometime in here, but basically speaking More Players = More Revenue. Thus SEO is, like we've said, extremely important and highly rewarding. Tons of it can be done for free - writing blogs, contacting blog writers, engaging the community here and in other forums, social networking, etc.

PvP will be one of those features that will draw in the crowds and is most affected by how many players are playing. For it to be optimal players have to be willing and able to engage in it often, meaning they can't be afraid to do it, or bored of a tedium of it, or unable to find opponents, or other troubles mentioned in other threads. Better PvP will translate into more subscribers very fast, and with good Crown-selling ideas such as in Ailric's other post here about Improving PvP, there will be many more players very willing to happily pay to play the game more without turning it Pay-To-Win.