Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What determines a victory or defeat in pvp - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM

Laradon has a default reputation

I believe that in sieges there should be a clear objective for the attacker, he has to destroy or capture something to be able to obtain victory. The Green/Red bar only feels right in an open field battle.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 AM

Kurigan has a default reputation

In my opinion it should be the defender that wins once the timer runs out, at least in town sieges. This would force the attacker to be the one that goes on the offensive.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 AM

SadClown is just above average reputation

The defender is protecting his mountain of hours of work on his city, he must have advantage. Loosing a siege is in most cases a fresh restart without quests to get easy crowns/resources.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

The timer was recently changed in attacks on player towns. If the timer runs out, the defender is declared the winner.

The attacker must capture the enemy keep (have units near the Town Hall/Settlement/Grand Hut for a period of time) or defeat the enemy units.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM

ramen64 has a default reputation
Default syupit lose on Pvp on field

i know that, this is not a sige battel that il complain about
but i just had to post this battel
i I had a Huge Army with full opgrade Human Knight and Swordmen and crosbowmen and a capault. Agienst a player with a small army at frist i thougt, this is not fair he got a smaller army than me.
But then i saw that he got a dragon! so its was a fair Fightt! but after a few min
i Destroyede his forces. in the end he had 2 crosbrowmen and a fire Dragon wit half health left.
I only had a few calastye, so i was redy ti finshis the fight but then he rand to the other half of the map with his dragon and he said that i should surender or i would lose. I said i that i would not surender. Then he just ran the whole map around and if i, tried to folow him he would burn my army and run and the burn agen so i gather my army and told him if he would fight it out .He wouldten so in the end i Lost with a giant Army and he had a dragon and 2 crosbowmen
my army had alomest full health. so its i just me that think than its unfair that you can Vin just because you have a dragon he wouldten atacke cos the he would lose his dragon and lose the fight so he just wait the battel out and i couldten mach the speed of the dragon
in the end i Lost (ps sorry my english is nort very good)
Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

ramen64,

We are working hard to remove last of these issues with players fleeing. We might end up adding a Capture a Flag location in the Army vs Army battles to overcome this.

However - keep in mind that you can easily solve this by having some cavalry units with you.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shingles View Post
The timer was recently changed in attacks on player towns. If the timer runs out, the defender is declared the winner.

The attacker must capture the enemy keep (have units near the Town Hall/Settlement/Grand Hut for a period of time) or defeat the enemy units.
but if the attacker kill enought units to lower the strenght of the defender army under his str he still win no ? otherwise win vs city become a too hard task, defence give an edge, attacker is forced to attack. and is forced to conquer also hall ?

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM

Laradon has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious666 View Post
but if the attacker kill enought units to lower the strenght of the defender army under his str he still win no ? otherwise win vs city become a too hard task, defence give an edge, attacker is forced to attack. and is forced to conquer also hall ?
I think the capture thing is nice, the attacker has to have a disadvantage, as the defender is probably the one who can lose alot more in this fight. His dwarven miners etc.. On the other hand, having to conquer the town hall for victory makes sure he will actually lose all his defenceless units like his miners Yet again, the defender still has the chance to give up before that happens. All in all I think this change is a good one. Sieging towns of players is something more _special_ now. And especially new players think of it alot more _special_ if someone attacks their precious town then an army.

Now the only thing that has to happen is, that glitching past the Castle gates is fixed. There were several reports of people doing that in Help channel today. Even with gates not being attackable by melees now, you can still glitch by.