Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Units balancements i want your opinions - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Beefcakes has a default reputation

I think more units need to be balanced to be more like the halberdier. At level 20 he has like 1k hp only like 150 damage and depending on the formation you set them at, 85/85/30 or 60/60/50. This said, he fills his role, a tank, he absorbs lots of damage well and doesn't do much.

A unit I would like to see a buff to would be the maceman. He never achieves much even when you give him an amazing chance to prove its not crap. Due to his weakness and inability to absorb damage, I would like to see a speed increase and damage increase to this unit.

As far as cavalry for men goes, I think the easiest short term buff would be to change the damage they deal to crushing. Most units in game are not really made to take crush damage and could easily help the forgotten units be used more often. If this is not an appealing idea, then just simply increase charge damage as the unit levels up.

I would really like to see combat in the game take a warcraft 3 approach. The game had many different armors and attacks that gave the game a really diverse feel over a small amount of available men. Heroes had stats where normal units did not, and they had many powerful abilities making them extremely valuable as the game progressed. In effort of keeping battalions and formations appealing, I feel they should have larger bonuses, while units have less stats. That way if a guy activated a formation of a certain style you had a reason to be worried about it, rather then going well this doesn't do me any good.

The final blab of the day, is to see something new, like squad linking. (Suggestions favor man) For instance, imagine placing knights in anvil formation, and then tasking archers to them. The archers would then take their places inside the formation and become very well protected from melee (Archers gain a minimum range to balance this). Perhaps you assign archers or crossbowmen to swordsmen and they take up a skirmish stance. The ranged unit would stand in front while the swordsmen close behind, as melee and cavalry close in or start damaging the ranged units they will attempt to fall back behind the swordsmen (This is going off the idea of having snares or unit locks to stop units from running past people). Or maybe a combined charge idea, where lance style cavalry charge in and knock down and disrupt units. Cavalry with shorter weapons (maces, swords) charge behind and deal bonus damage to the hit units.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Maceman will be faster and have more appropriate res for melee fights, also more dmg, and hp they will be incredibly vulnerable to ranged

cavalier is becoming a fast rider high dmg low ranged res cavalry, speed is aldo increased, heavy cav will be slower, more resilent. also the self dmg for the trumple will be lowered or removed totally.

Goblins are getting a total re-vamp and hide ability, augmented dmg /hp res,movement speed, the concept behind them is : they are good for flanking enemy army, using a combination of hide+fast speed, stamina got augmented, they have also a small area heal.

Elfs in general got theyr dmg boosted for balancing the fact that theyr batallion have less members, they got also a boost in hp, stamina, and adjusted some res, the elf cavalry got boosted a lot in term of res , dmg etc, rangers and mounted rangers got hp boost range boost.

Orc cavalry got a boost in resistence, they have low numbers for batallion so we augmented the hp by a lot.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Just a quick note. Human archer with appropriate formation can get 1630 range while elves are limited to 1350. Suggest a range buff when in "wind" formation.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

You got to have a basis to work with.

A 60/60 army of orcs humans elves elite units lvl 20 has to be of the same Battlestrength in the end. Meaning there cant be armies of 3000 Battlestrength of Orcs with 60 Lvl 20 Units compared to armies of 1000 Battlestrength of Elves anymore. In the end maxed out armies have to be of the same Strength or close to it, so they are able to attack each other and fight it out. At the moment, orcs can create those 2k Battlestr and more armies while others cant. This leads to the imbalance that they can create armies to farm gold or crowns with, that are perfectly safe. This includes Elite units as well. They gotta be somewhere near those numbers too. This is the basis you have to balance units on, or you change the whole thing and do something different, but guess it's better to work with the things present.

And this means in the end, that a 24/24 unit gotta fight with a 16/16 or 15/15 unit without having a significant advantage. The value that gives advantage the most at this point, is the hp regeneration per second, which is for 24 units max = 24x20 or 16x20 or 15x20. This leads to the fact, that survivability is extremely higher in larger squads. Imagine a bunch of archers shooting at 15 people or 24 people. Someone else will be hit more often and the regeneration helps to heal the damage alot better, thus tanking the damage is alot easier. Or 15 people fighting 24, the 24 will have more people that wont be attacked and have a chance to regenerate the damage they sustain easier, while dealing constant damage to the 15. The unit affected the most by this, is the ogre, 1 unit with 20hp/s on several thousand hp, pretty useless.
To balance this, you can set the regeneration to the same lvl. i.e. 24x20 = 480 hp/s 16x30 = 480 hp/s, well ogre 1x480 probably too much . you can increase the lethality in the 24/24 squad (lower hp, resist -> note that at this point, fallen units seem to rise from the dead very quickly)or increase damage of the lower squads. Theres other options like disabling the regeneration in combat, which would make the balancing alot easier, but this requires many out of combat changes like making units cheaper to lvl, cant spend 40k gold on a unit that can potentially die in any NPC fight now.

I would actually favor the disabling of regeneration, maybe allow units to regenerate only if they hit a button called "rest up" and they start regenerating after a few seconds, stoping combat etc. and would have to retreat for this. This could be the only way to make the lvl 20 lvl 1 gap smaller , because there is just no use to fight units that regenerate the damage they get in the same moment while killing of any attacker.

Last edited by Laradon : 04-22-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Just a quick note. Human archer with appropriate formation can get 1630 range while elves are limited to 1350. Suggest a range buff when in "wind" formation.
basic range of rangers got augmented and also wind formation got more range.

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-23-2013, 02:16 PM

mauro07 has a default reputation

cannon dwarf.... they attack wall from space... my trabuchet are helpless, useless
Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

The best way to counter Dwarven cannon is to ride our with your cavalry. We strongly recommend players keep at least some cavalry in their town for situations like that.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:53 AM

Striker has a default reputation
Default my 2 cents.

sry just a little bit of a Middle ages history buff here reason for me buying this game I am not going into great detail just skimming along with some things that I have noticed.

1. Knights are OP once u get them to level 10+ the resistances are a little too high, you can get knights with 10 health per second more if u put points into it, and the bonus from using pray, 20k life per group and quite a bit of damage. my knights are currently level 15-16 and I have 100% resistance to slash damage I have no idea how I got it to that point.

here is a screenshot of the 100% slash.
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6721/2013042700001.jpg

2. unicorns attack too fast with a knockback the knock back stops your troop from attacking at all, if you do not have more then 1 person attacking that unicorn you will lose 100% of the time.

3. Elf has very low health even for the melee troops they die very quickly at the start and if you cannot afford to level them up with training at the cities it will deter alot of people away from playing elf because of how easy their units die.

4. bladestorm is highly OP, if you run into a group of enemies and just use bladestorm you can kill their entire force in a matter of seconds.

5. Calvary is a total joke in this game to be honest with you, Calvary were used as anti archer hit and run tactics in the middle ages, Calvary in this game can charge archers yes, but will they make it to the archer force before they are cut down by the archers, it does not happen that often. knights would charge archer forces with their shields raised to not get cut down by the arrows while they make it to the archer line.

6. Trebs are a total joke, their range is very low the art of attacking a city the enemy city archers should not out range trebs no matter what, no where in history has a archer in a castle or tower been able to shoot at the enemy long range siege equipment.

7. back to trebs again, the accuracy of defence siege equipment is far too accurate, I have Siege'd some people and have had all my trebs I am talking about 20 of them here as a test, totally destroyed by enemy defence trebs before I can even down a wall. this is with the Siege bonus perk.

8. Fire does not do enough damage, if a Soldier was to catch on fire his rags would burn and he would die of heat being unable to put it out in heavy armor and or take the armor off.

9. archers are pretty much useless late game, their life and damage is pretty pitiful against anything with high resistance, even crossbow are not that great late game, crossbow in the middle ages were used as basically the snipers of the age, they were able to pierce the toughest plate armor with deadly accuracy and even make it through shields or stick into shields about half way to full penetration depending on the material.

I can go on and on about humans and elfs, I have not tried the 3rd race because of the rumors of how terrible they are. I almost deter away from elfs when I first started because of the bad rumors and rep they got, I must admit elfs are not that great either.

Humans are the go to race for everything, easy wins high resistance units, high health units, high damage units, easy win.

just my 2 cents on stuff I have seen.

before anyone says wait till end game, I have played elfs at lvl 20 and humans at lvl 20, I keep deleting cities and starting over, Humans are the go to race for easy mode.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:59 AM

humans have the lowest dmg of all 3 races.

compare class, like: swordsman-slayers-sentry. or knights berserker grandmasters, humans are always last in therms of dps.

1) knights in term of damage are behind berserker and behind grandmasters, you have 100% res must be a bug, the maximum res you can reach is 90 and i am talking about slash for knights., or you not played recently. we inserted a hard cap for 90% res plz check again.

2) going to check unicorn if they need again a nerf

3) elfs are weak on low levels, and are a hard race to master, but at high levels they are very good. is the most difficoult race to play, formation change cost a lot, all units have abilities. high dmg but low h they require a lot of micromanagent.

4)bladestorm will get a small nerf sunday, in terms of res. but is all about what you use for stop them, theyr direct-counter is berserker or footknights

5) this is a fantasy-rpg-rts game, not a reconstruction of Agincourt, i dont know what cavalry you use, but mounted knights chew archers like nothing, and tank a lot. is one of the most tanked unit of humans, and the one that have more hp for soldier. if you use correct formation they are fast enought to avoid archers volley at long range, and also have 70%+ pierce res.

6) i am gonna augment range of trebs

7) use cannons if you wanna outrange city defences.

8) fire do a lot at low levels and to archers/ranged, if we raise more the fire dmg , fight will be all about run to fire.

9) archers got hp boosted as well res. fire arrow dmg bypass armor res you now that?
firearrow dmg got also recently augmented
Regards xbowman i am changing a bit of their dmg to crush, so is more spot on vs tanked troops (tank troops lower res will be always crush )

Regard orcs, tbh slayers+berserker are one of best infantry combination in game

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Striker has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious666 View Post
humans have the lowest dmg of all 3 races.

compare class, like: swordsman-slayers-sentry. or knights berserker grandmasters, humans are always last in therms of dps.

1) knights in term of damage are behind berserker and behind grandmasters, you have 100% res must be a bug, the maximum res you can reach is 90 and i am talking about slash for knights., or you not played recently. we inserted a hard cap for 90% res plz check again.
I got my knights to 100% slash last night. I woke up this morning and it is back at 90 but I can put points into slash again to get it up to 100.

Quote:
4)bladestorm will get a small nerf sunday, in terms of res. but is all about what you use for stop them, theyr direct-counter is berserker or footknights
I was using knights against a army that used bladestorm and just totally destroyed me in 5 seconds.

Quote:
5) this is a fantasy-rpg-rts game, not a reconstruction of Agincourt
agincourt huh?? you a torontonian as well

Last edited by Striker : 04-27-2013 at 12:00 PM.