Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PATCH # 8 - Balance Part I - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 07:52 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

Nice patch, again. I'm happy to see that this game is going in great way. :)
Old 04-22-2013, 08:32 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

So youve made the 100/60/100 Slayers even worse, into 100/75/100 slayers, being the only melee units now that can effectively attack Ranged units with maxed damage. You knew that maxed damage ranged units were able to crack even 95% resist units, especially crossbowman with their accuracy. Hell I even lost several lvl 20 Grandmasters to a force of lvl 5-7 Crossbowmen because they had every point into damage, now probably worse. All Ranged Armies will be seen more often, well except against orcs, cant beat a 100. If you are lucky their Energy runs out, because then they at least reset to 60/75/60 because of the resist bug that makes res values reset to lower stats. You didnt tune down the HP for larger Squads like 24/24 or 20/20 either, which will be a must have if you want to keep the squad sizes that high. As otherwise full 60/60 Armies of orcs will always be stronger as 60/60 armies of anything else. This of course is only doable with slayers atm, because they have a much weaker Battlestr value then the Berserkers, while with this patch finally being the stronger unit. I allready was puzzled after the last change, because I didnt knew anymore what unit would win in a fight slayer vs Berserker. Thanks for making that clear.

You wont even know if those changes do anything, because close to all PVP fights were manipulated by the bug of Battlestr that I pointed out in the bug forum, meaning that we had only Armies Crashing that were underrated. Hell the same lvl 20 unit can have from 36 Str max to 20 to 10 to 3 Battlestr. Either encountering 1 group of archers or 5 groups of archers. Big difference.

Ranged can be too strong if used right, or too weak if used wrong. If you put the points into range It's wrong, as units dont hit **** on ranged. If you put the points into damage it's OP cause they anihilate anything close range with over 1k damage.

My question really is, did you make those units actually fight each other, did you even change the battlestrength values or even include that into your balancing? This seems, yet again, not thought through at all and not practically tested.

But well to your defence i must say, bringing everything from movement to hitbox to speed to Battlestrength to unit count (and increase of survivability with more units due to the regeneration), damage , damagetypes etc. together is awesomely hard. Hope they made you a tool that allows you to fight those units against each other and play around. Because the numbers lie sometimes.

Last edited by Laradon : 04-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

DTACFrostfire has a default reputation

-Minor fi to CoOp quest start-up to avoid lag and odd cinematics

spelling mistake ;)
Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTACFrostfire View Post
-Minor fi to CoOp quest start-up to avoid lag and odd cinematics

spelling mistake ;)
It's an incomplete fix ;)
Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

DTACFrostfire has a default reputation

lol, hey Brian read my message on the scenario thread thing :)
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laradon View Post
So youve made the 100/60/100 Slayers even worse, into 100/75/100 slayers, being the only melee units now that can effectively attack Ranged units with maxed damage. You knew that maxed damage ranged units were able to crack even 95% resist units, especially crossbowman with their accuracy. Hell I even lost several lvl 20 Grandmasters to a force of lvl 5-7 Crossbowmen because they had every point into damage, now probably worse. All Ranged Armies will be seen more often, well except against orcs, cant beat a 100. If you are lucky their Energy runs out, because then they at least reset to 60/75/60 because of the resist bug that makes res values reset to lower stats. You didnt tune down the HP for larger Squads like 24/24 or 20/20 either, which will be a must have if you want to keep the squad sizes that high. As otherwise full 60/60 Armies of orcs will always be stronger as 60/60 armies of anything else. This of course is only doable with slayers atm, because they have a much weaker Battlestr value then the Berserkers, while with this patch finally being the stronger unit. I allready was puzzled after the last change, because I didnt knew anymore what unit would win in a fight slayer vs Berserker. Thanks for making that clear.

You wont even know if those changes do anything, because close to all PVP fights were manipulated by the bug of Battlestr that I pointed out in the bug forum, meaning that we had only Armies Crashing that were underrated. Hell the same lvl 20 unit can have from 36 Str max to 20 to 10 to 3 Battlestr. Either encountering 1 group of archers or 5 groups of archers. Big difference.

Ranged can be too strong if used right, or too weak if used wrong. If you put the points into range It's wrong, as units dont hit **** on ranged. If you put the points into damage it's OP cause they anihilate anything close range with over 1k damage.

My question really is, did you make those units actually fight each other, did you even change the battlestrength values or even include that into your balancing? This seems, yet again, not thought through at all and not practically tested.

But well to your defence i must say, bringing everything from movement to hitbox to speed to Battlestrength to unit count (and increase of survivability with more units due to the regeneration), damage , damagetypes etc. together is awesomely hard. Hope they made you a tool that allows you to fight those units against each other and play around. Because the numbers lie sometimes.
you seams to reply withouth read.

I am modifyng now the abilities-formations, so cover ability for slayers will add much less, the problem was: orcs where dependent too much from formation+abilities for their res, and stamina is not infinite, so i raised up their base res, but now gonna nerf by 50-70% the res bonus from formation and abilities.

We introduce also a hard cap for res so if we have forgotten something anyway the combination of basic res+formation+abilities will never go upper than 90%

Regards hp for batallion and number of soldiers yes that factor is included in the calculations : for example : hp and dmg compensate lower numbers.

In fact human foot knights have more hp and res than berserkers becouse their batallion are composed by only 15 elements, but they do also less dmg.

Elf do much more dmg for conpensate their lower numbers,also they do more spike dmg, since you can combine high dmg formation bonus+ high natural dmg + active abilities that cause Istant dmg such as whirlwind,
Human have less dmg but more hp/res than orcs and elf
Orcs have more soldier and hp than elf, and more dmg than humans if they use abilities

Also after formation and abilities i am gonna re-do all strenght values

About slayers is a bug of the system, i reported that. is out of my control that. it reset some skill points when res go 100%

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by vicious666 : 04-22-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 PM

Ailric has a default reputation

Very nice patch gentlemen. I look forward to giving everything a go.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 PM

Laradon has a default reputation

Well if you change em later, the balance patch should have been withhold until everything is ready. Cant make a unit even more OP for a few days, this will make players leave in frustration. Also ive posted sthg about the regeneration, squadsize etc in the suggestion Forum in your thread. IMO slayers still have way to much HP too, for being 24/24. Let's say 24/24 20k hp max 833 per unit, 16/16 20k hp max 1250 per unit etc. Or you wont be able to balance those units in terms of battlestrength, which should be the basis in the end.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:53 PM

Aermord has a default reputation

When I click on a single unit - a knight for instance - his HP is up near the 10k. This is just for one knight, not an entire group.

When I click on his healing ability, he only heals 100 HP.

When I try to heal my units in a city by paying gold, I am required to pay a very large amount because of the increased amount of HP each unit has.

Seems like something has gone wrong.

Also, all my units are no longer at their max health, not in the city and not in any of my armies.

It also looks like that some of my 'heroes' might have lost stats without being compensated with new stat points to spend.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Mounted units are for sure much better, and a lot more useful, but still die slightly to fast..