Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unique units and region ideas - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Beefcakes has a default reputation
Lightbulb Unique units and region ideas

Feel free to post any unique region or unit ideas. The idea is something that isn't usually done, or something that could be added that would fit into the game. Not something like dwarven flamethrowers or other crazy ideas. Just simple ideas that live up to the fantasy magic and sword part of the name. Some examples I thought of were.....

A unit I would like to see would be the good old warcraft inspired goblin zeppelin. This new siege unit for orcs would start battles on the ground and pick up one to three squads of goblins before using their magic or mechanics to lift them into the sky. The unit could have an ability similar to how dragons fly around the map only with greater range. They would then with their average to slow speed, make the way over the enemy walls and attempt to unload the goblins for some chaos causing fun. The idea for this, is to make goblins much more appealing to player.

Another unit I would like to see is a banner squad. A squad which carries a flag and has musical instruments to inspire nearby troops. They could have different formations and abilities to grant minor buffs to nearby troops. Maybe one magical tune make your units have more health regeneration. Another could make the units deal more damage. The buffs the squad provides would be permanently on, provided the squad is still alive.

A new environment I would like to see is an icy wasteland in which many baby seals will spawn. The reason is so I can have hours of fun painting the ground red as my orcs "hunt them for food". You could even have a region exclusive group of people like eskimos. They could even have a mammoth riding elite unit. Perhaps even a polar bear mounted unit or something with penguins for food/gold trickles you could buy.

As far as regions go, I would like to see region specific units, to make playing that region WAY more appealing then just "+30% gold gathering". It could be simple ideas like rolling plains would get a new exclusive cavalry unit. The forest for men could get longbow men. Swamp orcs could see an armored ogre for sieges. Where the desert orcs get another type of goblin unit. The elves could see things like a wisp for combat.