Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unicorns OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 PM

Vigilus has good reputation
Default Unicorns OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, just a few minutes ago I lost a battle with 4 lvl 20's (swordsmen, Knights, Dwarven Axemen, Orc Gatherers) and my lvl 38 hero. This group took a LOT of gold, battles, and overall, a lot of TIME to put together.

My enemy had 60 unicorns, lvl 5-6. They are the same combat strength as my army, yet they roll through my units like butter, stabbing with their evil horns, bathing in my blood.

This unicorn menace must be stopped, else I'll have no choice to leave my fields fallow, and my halls will go empty.

The 14 unicorns units that my opponent lost will be quickly replenished, i'm sure he's halfway through production right as I finished making this post.

I hope you fix it soon, pvp is not worth the risk at the moment.

Last edited by Vigilus : 04-17-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:08 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

Think ive noticed the Attackspeed of unicorns being too high
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

We will stop the Unicorn menace

We've given mod and long time player vicious666 access to our unit stat files to work on balance, and he's asked for input here.

We're hoping to release a balance patch this weekend to address this and other balance related issues.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 PM

bandor has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laradon View Post
Think ive noticed the Attackspeed of unicorns being too high

Neigh! Its just fine.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Beefcakes has a default reputation
Default All hail the new zerkers!

You could just make unicorns have more army strength to balance this out. I mean as a person who uses 60 level 20 unicorns, I know what you have to go through.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilus View Post
So, just a few minutes ago I lost a battle with 4 lvl 20's (swordsmen, Knights, Dwarven Axemen, Orc Gatherers) and my lvl 38 hero. This group took a LOT of gold, battles, and overall, a lot of TIME to put together.

My enemy had 60 unicorns, lvl 5-6. They are the same combat strength as my army, yet they roll through my units like butter, stabbing with their evil horns, bathing in my blood.

This unicorn menace must be stopped, else I'll have no choice to leave my fields fallow, and my halls will go empty.

The 14 unicorns units that my opponent lost will be quickly replenished, i'm sure he's halfway through production right as I finished making this post.

I hope you fix it soon, pvp is not worth the risk at the moment.
60 unicorn lev 5-6 and you want to win with 4 unit lev 20 ?

sorry but is normal that he won, he lost 14 units for kill your 4, not seams unbalanced, we are working on a different strenght value system , what happened is not about the power of the unicorns as unit, but about the strenght value assigned to them (imho too low), you not where supposed to fight soo many unicorn units.
So we going to augment theyr str value for moment but we are working on rebalancing all the system.

a total rework is under development we are working step by step

1) units basic res-stats dmg (done)
2) now heroes-dragons basic stats-res-dmg (on work)
3) abilities dmg,stamina requirements, effect time etc
4) formation bonus etc etc
5) new level system and str values.

Last edited by vicious666 : 04-19-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 PM

Vigilus has good reputation

Thanks for the responses, and I know viscious. I just wanted to point it out as I hadn't seen a thread on it and figured it needed to be said.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:42 AM

Rensai is just above average reputation

There's the other side of things with these special units too. I just got attacked by a single dragon who would pop in near enough to town to lob a few fireballs, then move back. He did this over and over until most of my town was burning. My armies took losses but finally did do enough damage that I would have killed the dragon and won.... except when the dragon was low on life the player simply surrendered for a cost of ZERO and escaped, leaving all the casualties on my side of things. Seems pretty lame to me.

Why shouldn't I get to decide if he can surrender or not?
Why can players essentially bypass the game's battle balancing by using special units that allow players who have been playing longer to attack weaker, new players?

Maybe surrender should be replaced with an option to flee instead, which would carry at chance that the person fleeing would lose units. Something should change. As is, a player with a dragon can hit town after town, simply "surrendering" for zero cost and zero risk.

Whichever side you look at, these special units don't seem to be working out well. Maybe they should be used for quest/story purposes and leave the battles to real armies.