Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

An option to opt out of, or into PvP - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 05:58 PM

Kiros has a default reputation
Default An option to opt out of, or into PvP

Speaking as one who enjoys PvE quite a bit, I would like the option, sort of like a PvP Queue so to speak, where one could enable their city or armies to be attacked or both. While I understand this is an MMO, sometimes I like to sit and micro my city and such without having to worry about a ever counting down protection timer or the looming of an attack.

In addition, I understand that alliances are coming soon and I think that were there to be some sort of co-op building or trading system that would be quite neat as well. For example, you ally with a friend and are able to add some of your buildings to his city and vice-vesa. I understand that might cause some balancing issues, but its just a suggestion. More interestingly, would be trade agreements between allied cities, as well as notifications that an allied city is being attacked, would you like to reinforce? Or for the attack, assist in the siege so that given all the possible locations of armies to spawn on one map, you could have 2-4 extra players with their troops on the map. Of course, if reinforcements are allowed, the attacker should get a notice stating that they will be facing a much larger enemy force, would they like to continue with the attack? etc. So that they aren't screwed upon arriving and what not.

Anyway, just my two-cents worth, thanks a bunch for reading.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Altariel has a default reputation

I agree with that proposal : an option to opt out/into PvP.

Allow me to quote myself, as stated on an earlier thread which had a similar topic ("Remove non-Consentual PvP") :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altariel View Post

I am a builder, not a warrior. The only reason I play that game is the awesome aesthetic beauty of the Elven civilization (especially in the forest).

During the first week after the Steam release, I have started with the Elves 6 times. In the very first game, I was so enchanted by the beauty of Bolfores'l that I purchased $10-worth of crowns with the grateful spirit of thanking the artistic designers of the exquisite Elves. [...]

I respectfully do not mind if most players indulge into PvP warfighting, especially since the game is explicitly advertised as "Kingdom Wars", with emphasis on siege battles.

[... But p]laying the Elves is such a beautiful aesthetic experience, for a civ builder : it is too bad that the designers' artistic vision is somewhat tarnished by the mess and stress of premature PvP (especially for clueless new players).

I totally agree with the above-quoted poster. As it is now, there is no single-player option allowing to enjoy building and managing a civ. [...]

As a young woman and as a civ builder, I lack warfighting machismo and tactical skill. I end my long post by suggesting to the developers that they try to attract female gamers by toning down the stressful PvP and by offering avatars and main heroes more suitable for female players.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 AM

SadClown is just above average reputation

If you don't want pvp, purchase the protection or suicide utterly small armies to get the 1 hour one. Your post isn't even related to the topic.

This had already been rised back on October by myself, and hopefully they'll be taking a look once the dev team is done with the major issues. Let's get the current stuff alright, then go for more, I say!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

The way Attack Protection works was recently changed.

- New players are given 12hrs Attack Protection
- The Attack Protection timer is paused until the first set of walls are completed
- Attack Protection can be cancelled if players want to engage in PvP/CoOp
- If players log in and they don't have walls, they are given 1hr Attack Protection (paused) if they don't already have any

As always, Attack Protection time is online time, it will not count down while you are offline.

If players don't want to engage in PvP, they can opt out by not building walls (keeping their timer paused) or by purchasing/acquiring Attack Protection. If you only play a few hours a day, 48hrs Attack Protection can protect you for weeks.

Attack Protection is also one of the possible items you can get in the Daily Reward, claimable in the Market, and you will sometimes find it on Sale (check Today's Sales! in the Market)

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 04-17-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 AM

Suppoko has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shingles View Post
The way Attack Protection works was recently changed.

- New players are given 12hrs Attack Protection
- The Attack Protection timer is paused until the first set of walls are completed
- Attack Protection can be cancelled if players want to engage in PvP/CoOp
- If players log in and they don't have walls, they are given 1hr Attack Protection (paused) if they don't already have any

As always, Attack Protection time is online time, it will not count down while you are offline.

If players don't want to engage in PvP, they can opt out by not building walls (keeping their timer paused) or by purchasing/acquiring Attack Protection. If you only play a few hours a day, 48hrs Attack Protection can protect you for weeks.

Attack Protection is also one of the possible items you can get in the Daily Reward, claimable in the Market, and you will sometimes find it on Sale (check Today's Sales! in the Market)
but weeks still doesn't help for the future, this just delays thigns for a while. It's inevitable that at some point you WILL be forced to play PvP even if you choose not to like some will. My biggest issue is you don't always have time to do PvP battles you may jsut be logging in to do a few things or build a bit and then go but if during that time you get stuck in a battle your choices are to fight or pay off losing valuable resources.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 AM

Moosegun is just above average reputation

Seriously, the payoffs for pvp are nothing, just make sure all your armies have some gold and buy protection through payoffs. It normally works out cheaper than buying it via crowns. Think of it as non-pvp tax.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:46 AM

GediminasM has a default reputation

Yes, sometimes that bothers me too. In my opinion there should be a way to disable PvP for soloers.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 PM

SadClown is just above average reputation

Play single player.