Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Steam purchase doesn't get any of the bonuses? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 03:43 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by derlangrisser666 View Post
I've received my bonuses and now i'm veeeeeery happy with my ice dragon!!!

And you reverie guys are doing a great job on this game, congrats and thx for the bonuses and now we have two more players to our player base!

Helio.
I'm really glad that you solved your issue!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 PM

Suppoko has a default reputation

I'm getting tired of hearing "that's just how it is" on this steam no bonus subject. If it wasn't for the greenlighting of this game on steam the player base would still be tiny. Not to mention the insaone amount of giveaways in game and on streaming that happen. Clearly the issue is not crowns being held tightly to the chest. Don't get me wrong I love the giveaways even if im at work when they all seem to happen but why can't there be a little something for the players that only knew the game existed because of steam.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 PM

Bryce12117 has fair reputation

Yea i agree
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM

Brosiris has a default reputation

On the issue that the OP raised.
I feel it is strange aswell.

It makes perfect sense that you would reward players that purchase directly from you, that is all good and well.
However, from my point of view, I would never have known about this game if it was not on Steam.
Or well I don't know if I had never known but that is how I discovered it anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

I'm sure there will be a lot of sales/discounts on Steam for DOF, in future. But, that bonus code you get if you buy game from official shop, is just here to attract more players to buy game directly from DEVs, i suppose.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM

I understand that I really do and I don't blame them since steam delays payment and takes a percentage off the top. But the thing is the majority of us didn't know the game existed until steam had it. Now I've told all my friends if they want to buy the game to get it from the main site so they get the bonus stuff. I guess my thing is it's really a small fix to make a lot of people happier so why not just do it.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suppoko View Post
I guess my thing is it's really a small fix to make a lot of people happier so why not just do it.
Small, maybe, but not simple. Any distribution of bonus codes (or even just a sale) through Steam requires Steam's approval and involvement in setting it up. We can really only change the price/bonuses on our site with any ease.

How would you suggest we reward people who buy directly from us? Or should there be no reward for supporting the developers?

And if the bonuses were just given to everyone when they register, then it's not really a bonus but just a standard item.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shingles View Post
Small, maybe, but not simple. Any distribution of bonus codes (or even just a sale) through Steam requires Steam's approval and involvement in setting it up. We can really only change the price/bonuses on our site with any ease.

How would you suggest we reward people who buy directly from us? Or should there be no reward for supporting the developers?

And if the bonuses were just given to everyone when they register, then it's not really a bonus but just a standard item.
You are rewarding them as you are now. I never once said that we deserve the same amount of bonus since i got a whole $5 off the purchase price. I am not trying to fight about this but don't try and play the supporting te developers for buying from your site directly since my money (minus the steam charge) goes to you as well. Honestly I think that your game is great and I can see myself purchasing crowns with my own money sine a game is usually around $50-60 anyhow. You could have a direct buy bonus like you do during the epic sale and a steam purchase bonus that runs at the same time?

It's not a standard item if you run the promotions at the same time or I would argue you're turning your epic sale into standard items like you said would happen if you gave with registering. In a fledgling game liek this you're giving away tons of copies and tons of crowns anyhow so why fight this one detail so much? Yesterday three of my frinds were on Hi11's stream and one even got a free copy. I tell everyone I know intereseted in this game to go to the direct site so they get the bonuses.

What would be the harm in giving everyone that registered the first month in steam half of what you did for your epic sale? Those crowns are invaluable now that the 12 hour clock has started.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 AM

McMurphy has a default reputation

I normally stay out of these discussions, but this irked me as well.

Now I am all for you rewarding the loyal people who bought the game from your website. I think the game giveaways are great as well as the free crowns that you apparently have given to a lot of people.

What I dislike is that because I did not know you existed before steam that I get left out of all the free stuff. You still are getting my money (albeit less than if I bought from the site).

Now I am sure you are getting a ton of people buying from your website for the give away. Why? Because people that bought the game from you (most of us are from steam are we not?) are telling people about your game and give-aways and increasing your sales.

So yes I feel slighted that I get nothing free out of the deal. I normally would not care, but since you are giving away so much I see no reason why I should be left out. Especially having to deal with all these bugs and other issues that come with a beta phase game (say what you want the game is still in beta as far as I am concerned). What can you do to make it right? I am sure you know which people bought the game from steam (or could find out). Give all of us something like you did the people that bought the game from the site or just give us all some free crowns so we can buy those dragons and dwarves if we want. Should not be hard to do. It does not have to be a "steam" deal. It can be something you just do on your own so you can bypass all the steam hoops.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM
DoF Moderator

Avenger has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I normally stay out of these discussions, but this irked me as well.

Now I am all for you rewarding the loyal people who bought the game from your website. I think the game giveaways are great as well as the free crowns that you apparently have given to a lot of people.

What I dislike is that because I did not know you existed before steam that I get left out of all the free stuff. You still are getting my money (albeit less than if I bought from the site).

Now I am sure you are getting a ton of people buying from your website for the give away. Why? Because people that bought the game from you (most of us are from steam are we not?) are telling people about your game and give-aways and increasing your sales.

So yes I feel slighted that I get nothing free out of the deal. I normally would not care, but since you are giving away so much I see no reason why I should be left out. Especially having to deal with all these bugs and other issues that come with a beta phase game (say what you want the game is still in beta as far as I am concerned). What can you do to make it right? I am sure you know which people bought the game from steam (or could find out). Give all of us something like you did the people that bought the game from the site or just give us all some free crowns so we can buy those dragons and dwarves if we want. Should not be hard to do. It does not have to be a "steam" deal. It can be something you just do on your own so you can bypass all the steam hoops.
I see where you are coming from by not getting anything. You could also use the referral from your friends getting the game, that way you are getting an ice dragon and 120 crowns.

As far as the other stuff goes, that's strictly up to the DEV team.

I bought my game way back in 2011 and I did not get any special bonuses and heck I paid $20 but then again for me, I don't really need bonuses. Just my 2 cents.