Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Gameplay Issues - GUI Menus, Abilities, Formations, Building, Economy e.t.c - Page 19 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 05:22 PM

Atranox has a default reputation

Four bugs -

The Steam manual (http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/...f?t=1364835474) says I should be able to right-click to walk or right-click to attack enemy units. However, I always have to double-right-click to issue any commands to units. Unsure if this is a bug or an intended change - though it would be nice to single click instead of always double.

The pierce armor on my Ogres also keeps resetting. I purchased the pierce armor upgrade from the building and also leveled up agility a few times (until it was greyed-out). This gave my Ogres anywhere from 30-40% pierce resist. However, after restarting the game their pierce armor is now 15% and agility cannot be leveled any more.

My resource cap in my city keeps resetting from over 17,000 to 7,400. This results in me losing tons of resources. This occurs occasionally when I move my army back into my city from a quest or PvP. This has happened 3 times in past 2 days. Restarting the game corrects the resource cap back to 17,000, but all of my resources are lost.

Finally, with dual monitors, I cannot scroll the screen to the right using edge-pan with my mouse. When I move my mouse to the right, it moves out-of-game and onto my second monitor. I can scroll in the other directions and pan the camera, but I need to use the D key on my keyboard to move right. Other RTS games constrain the cursor to the game window when full-screen, so it would be nice for that to occur here as well.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 PM

bandor has a default reputation

elf, with herbal trait,swamp

alchemy trees, only 1 works
doesn't matter ifyou build 1 or 5, only 1 of them will actually do anything. The others are totally worthless. Please only let players build 1 or put a note that only 1 of them will do anything.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:10 AM
DoF Moderator

sengrath is just above average reputation

There is a major bug in my orc forest town,
I just got sieged and few of my building got damaged, so I took my laborers and ordered them to repair. They started to repair them, consume wood, but the building aren't getting repaired at all (buildings hp doesn't grow).
Walls repair however works perfectly fine, because they are repaired automatically by grand hut.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:08 AM

fungali has a default reputation
Exclamation Trebuchets in combat bug

If you have your Trebuchets in fireing range of an enemy unit/wall defence/gate and they are not set to hold fire, you can press Stop right after they have fired to instantly reload and fire again without consuming stone. Theis way you can lay waste to an entire town in just minutes. Firerate goes basically to once per second if you keep pressing Stop.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

Thanks for reporting but/glitch. I'm sure DEVs will take a look at it.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 PM

tipper has a default reputation

Quest progression bug:

A character will be present in my home city with a ? or ! over his head, but clicking on it selects the character as any other character, giving me the menu with heal, stance, etc. but in no way can I talk to them to access the quest. With the original guy who manages my estate it seems to have a random chance to correct itself when I restart the game. Sir Lentoth just appeared on my map recently and I've been given a quest by the first guy to talk to him, but clicking on Sir Lentoth with the bright yellow exclamation mark over his head does nothing but select him, giving the regular unit menu in the bottom left as described before. I can't talk to him to complete the quest, and nothing I do (including restarting and retrying many times) seems to work.
Impact: I can't do any more quests. I'm not strong enough to attack anyone/anything else yet, so the only way I can receive more crowns now is to waste gold. I basically can't research any technologies for lack of crowns.

Blacksmith/possible free technology bug:

Before building the blacksmith, in the town hall menu the options to upgrade to castle and stronghold are grayed out (Needs Blacksmith -> Masonry) like I would expect. With my wooden wall partially finished, I built a blacksmith, which finished before the wall did. After both were finished, I tried to get the blacksmith to research masonry, but it was grayed out (this was the only engineering research option that was). I checked my town hall and the options to upgrade to castle/stronghold were enabled as if I had researched masonry. I haven't researched any technology in any building yet so my guess is that the masonry option being grayed-out means it's already been researched.
Impact: Free technology??

Building plot bug:

Sometimes (I have not been able to discern a pattern) building plots for city buildings (not mills or spike traps) do not display, and so I am unable to build pretty much anything except houses, spike traps, and mills. I've tried combing the map with units in case they only appear within a certain range of my units, but no dice.

Last edited by tipper : 04-25-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: correction
Old 05-05-2013, 03:12 AM

Nobodave has a default reputation

tipper:
a) You need to move your hero next to the guy with the ? / ! quest marker in order to be able to talk to him.

b) When out of quests, just build a small raiding army and go farming the map(s).
(I use three archers, three archer/laborers, and usually a half-dozen melee and/or cavalry units.)
To go farm, click on your home town, create an army, select the army, right-click on a town (ideally one which says "Trade"). When a magnifying glass icon appears, click that. Now kill some enemies (green on the map for some reason), and watch out for moving enemy armies (red + icon on minimap).
After the fight, have your archer/workers loot the bodies.
When you leave the map, your army will have arrived. Sell excess stuff if you have any, repeat.
To recruit mercenaries, either trade in a friendly town or setup a tent camp to buy mercenaries (even from the other races, depends on which region you are in).
When your army returns home, move all the gold back to your city before - do so before logging out, or the army will consume the money. Enter home town, click "get crowns", buy them for 4000 each.

I found this easiest with orcs with the Looters trait - I kept hitting the resources cap for the army because of all the food we "found" (Elves have the advantage of only looting gold).

Here's a suggestion for exootic places to farm at:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7285

Last edited by Nobodave : 05-05-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Nobodave has a default reputation

Gameplay feedback:

Thanks for making the font legible.

As for the texts themselves:

http://xkcd.com/483/ *SCNR*

IMO it would improve the overall storytelling if you
a) reduce the amount of dialogue text by 50%
b) remove, say, 90% of the home-brew vocabulary
c) add hints and short flavor texts to the mission log

(I found myself skipping the mission descriptions with their language mix, more so than in other games. So I prefer information like "bring trebuchets" to be in the quest log, not only in mission dialogue.)

Gameplay feedback: Map

I very much enjoy the "roaming the map" farming thing so far, and was just about to get some ogers for my elven army. (Unfortunately all my melee got stuck in green light).
It'd be nice if each region had a description on the main map (elvish, orkish, or human? Or HERE BE DRAGONS for Ssilistra?)
I'd also enjoy seeing more random maps for farming.

Gameplay feedback: Unit selection

It's a bit of a hassle to organize unit groups every single time you enter a map. (Select Archers, Ctrl-Number, move there, Wardens, Ctrl-Number, move there, Cavalry, Ctrl-Number, move over there, wait for the pathfinding to actually find paths, lasso the remaining units, Ctrl-Number, start attacking)

Suggestion:
Save the unit hotkeys for each army and load them at the start of each map.

Last edited by Nobodave : 05-05-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 AM

Wynn has a default reputation

BUMP Agreed, it's a pain to have to reassign control groups all the time. Devs please save the control key-map for each army. When that army is selected as as active then load in its control key-map.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:34 AM

BobGrim has a default reputation

Me and a friend bought this game, but when I try to add him on my friends list he gets to accept the request but nothing shows on my list. When he tries to add me I get to accept but nothing shows on my list. On his friends list it seems to work. I've tried restarting the game.