Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Remove non-Consentual PvP - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 03:52 AM
DoF Moderator

sengrath is just above average reputation

Guys, there is 3h and 8h attack protection which costs few crowns, so pvp is not a big deal if you want to build your civilization.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 AM

Laradon has a default reputation

Yes getting sieged too soon might be a problem and getting sieged continuesly is too. There are several ways you can build up and never get sieged though.

1. like some said you can buy the protection for X hours, this might not be an option for the early player, but later on it will be easy to get the crowns for protection from questing alone.

2. You can send out cheap units into pvp as sacrificial lambs, they'll get slaughtered, might even survive to be used again and you get the attack protection after. Finish the fight fast by rushing your units towards the enemy to have more protection time. As some said protection time allready starts inside the fight, not after. This is especially easy playing orcs.

3. Let your town have close to 0 or 0 Battlestrength, this is especially easy as elf, because they use deers and forest wisps to create income. Also with humans and their lifestock?

4. Always have some gold to pay off.

So there is a lot of methods you can use to be secure early on. The problem is not the game itself, the problem is that the ingame "Help" library is not showing those options well enough. Give one of your mods some crowns or game copys for writing up guides and tips to be added ingame. Players will have alot more fun and mods will have alot less stress in the "Help" channel.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

DTACFrostfire has a default reputation

Hello there. I had the same problem as you, then i started to get a few crowns and then Protection 48hours was available.

Want to earn 60+ crowns just by doing quests a hour?

Watch my stream - http://www.twitch.tv/dtacgaming

I bough protection 48hours (2 days) for 10crowns each (was on sale) they are 20 each but you can make that 20 crowns back within a quests.

I hope this helps because i have had the same problem as you. Let me know if you need anything man.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Altariel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynwulf View Post

The problem is that [the] 60 minutes [protection from being attacked again] runs down while your fighting against an attacker

after trying the pvp this evening 45 minutes ran off the clock as the attacker of my castle avoided it just burnt down some farmsteads and peasant hovels outside my walls.
The protection runs down while you are already being attacked ?!! That makes no fair sense, especially since it exposes a damaged target to become the abused victim of a series of attacks by a gang of buddies.

As a PvP-ignorant new player, perhaps I am too paranoid, but anyway, I propose that the 60-minute protection counter restarts after a battle has ended.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

One thing to keep in mind is that you only get matched with armies that are your strength rating (still being tweaked). This should prevent the "ganged up on" situation no one wants to find themselves in. I agree that starting the timer after the battle makes more sense. Over all most battles in dof don't last more then 15 minutes unless it's a siege battle. I believe the cheapest protection in the shop starts at 4 crowns (could be wrong). This is easily gotten simply by sacking a major npc town if desired. You can always just pay off instead of accepting the battle invite which will also start the protection timer.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Altariel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post

I agree that starting the timer after the battle makes more sense.
Thank you for supporting my proposal, venerable Elf.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

While I can see some sense in having the Attack Protection start after battle, having it start when the battle starts should be incentive to engage the enemy rather than sit back and let the timer run out.

The sooner you end the battle, the more Attack Protection you'll have left.

If your enemy is just running down the clock and burning your farms, you might consider paying out if that's cheaper than any repairs. You can see the Pay Off cost by mousing over the World Map button while in battle.