Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Epic giveaway still going on? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Vargoroth has a default reputation
Default Epic giveaway still going on?

Hello,
I'm thinking about getting Dawn of Fantasy and I am wondering if the epic giveaway (free dwarven army + haunter dragon) promotion is still on? As on http://store.reverieworld.com/index.php?store=games there is a banner promoting it. Also, if it's still on, do I have to get the game from the official site to get the giveaway? Or can I buy it on steam and still get the free stuff? (as steam is on sales offer price atm). Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Welcome to DoF - and yeah the promo is on, and will be on at least for a week. The key you buy from us can be used to install on Steam as well by the way.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 PM

shello247 has a default reputation
Default Same Question

How do you get the giveaways, I purchased from steam and i'd like to get the dragon and dwarfs. Can you please let us know how to redeem them.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

You can only get the bonus codes for the Dragon and Dwarves if you purchase the game directly from our store.

You can get a code for a different Dragon and in-game currency (enough to buy the Dwarves) if a friend has the game and puts your in-game username in as the Referrer.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM

Default That's unfair

Oh, that sucks....see no reason why steam people should'nt get it.... its the same price, game, timeframe....(IMO).

Oh well.

Thanks for letting us know.

Sheldon

Last edited by shello247 : 04-03-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 AM

Suppoko has a default reputation

I agree, the only reason I found this game was because of steam and it didn't tell me anything about this epic giveawy. There should be something for us the same way there is for others. Given the amount of new players steam brought you it would stand to reason that something like this was offered.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:17 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suppoko View Post
I agree, the only reason I found this game was because of steam and it didn't tell me anything about this epic giveawy. There should be something for us the same way there is for others. Given the amount of new players steam brought you it would stand to reason that something like this was offered.
Maybe because they like it more when people buy game directly from them? Maybe because Steam takes percentage on every sold copy?
Old 04-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Suppoko has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonzi View Post
Maybe because they like it more when people buy game directly from them? Maybe because Steam takes percentage on every sold copy?
As I stated before I'm betting a huge % of the new players wouldn't ever have heard of this game without steam, not to mention they were rejoicing that they were greenlit for steam. I shouldn't be punished for not kowing the game was somewhere else instead of steam.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

You weren't punished. You payed for a game, you got it. And no one is arguing that Steam is responsible for success of this game. But, if they want to reward players who bought game directly from them, who can blame them? And no, i didn't buy game directly from Reverie shop.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM

I know that it is'nt punishment per say...but youknow that feeling when you spend money on something at one store.....then walk a little down the road and see the exact same thing for a better value, and think to yourself...holy ****!!! If only i had known.

Automatically you feel a bit of resentment for the first store...and a bit of regret. That's what he's speaking about. Not punishment per say. But we get the jist.

And this is sooo easy to fix........lol, Reverie, we don't know you. But if you are trying to build a community, treat us fairly.

It is in the small actions which define character.