Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Is the multiplayer aspect as limited as it seems? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 AM

Atranox has a default reputation
Default Is the multiplayer aspect as limited as it seems?

A few friends and I picked this game up recently on Steam, hoping to be able to play in 2v2vs, 3v3s, take territory/cities, etc. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone is instanced into their own single player map with AI (which I suppose makes sense), but limited to 1v1 PvP matches or 2v1 co-op matches vs the AI.

Given this is advertised as an MMO, it seems a bit odd that the multiplayer elements are so limited and arbitrary at this point in time. Am I missing something, or can my friends and I really do nothing other than a 2v1 co-op match vs an AI player? Are there plans to expand this at all - because the game seems very good otherwise.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

At a moment it only supports 2 player multiplayer yet. I won`t be too disappointed as majority of MMORTS games out there also work in the same way, but mainly - we do plan to expand the battles to 6 players in the near future (ok well not that near, might take over a month)
Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 AM

JTek has a default reputation

How does one partake in a 2 player multiplayer battle?
Me and a friend just started playing this and are trying to figure out more ways to collaborate our cities.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

JTek, you can go into pvp by sending an army out on the worldmap, then clicking on the pvp button near your army information. The button only shows when you are away from towns. You can enter the name of the player you want to target or leave it blank for a random player. The game will match you with someone with a similar strength army.

You and your friend can work together by doing coop quests (attack on AI towns similar to your own) and coop sieges against the larger NPC towns around the world map. You can also send each other resources to help each other out.

Coop quests are available later in the game as your progress in the quest storyline.

You can attack any of the large cities if you are at war with them. Move your army to the city's location, click the Enter City button (near your army information) then go into Diplomacy, declare war and then exit town. There is another button near your army information that will let you siege the town (only shows when near a town you can siege). Click that then click Co-Op. You can enter your friends name to siege with them or leave it blank to invite another random player.

To send resources, add your friend to your Friends list - in the Social window (button near resource bar) go to the Online tab, find their name and click the Add Friend button. Once they accept your friend request (or add you as a friend manually) you can send them resources. In the Friends tab of the Social window, select your friends name and click the Send Resources button. You'll then get a window where you can specify what to send.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 PM

ColeDragoth has a default reputation
Default Un-able to Co-Op with a Friend

My cousin and I were trying to play Co-Op together with a mission he has that allows Co-Op; however every time he tries to invite me it says it could not find a suitable army nearby. Our armies are right on the location of the quest and both armies are within 20 battle strength of each others. We have tried several times and on other missions as well, why does this never work?
Old 07-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

It's rare but it does happen, make sure your pvp protection is off as well, and try pvping with another friend and see if you get the same issue.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:11 PM

HiredGun has a default reputation

Seriously dude. no give a **** about your stupid cabins. Go advertise somewhere else loser.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

Wolffighter has a default reputation

a guild battle would be nice...
don't need all players but at least 3 in a guild (thats not much cause a guild can have 100)
Old 07-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

We do plan guild battles soon, where you hold your own fortresses together and more!