Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Loophole Quest doing it over and over - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 PM

Xhodan has a default reputation
Default Loophole Quest doing it over and over

Like the title says im stuck in a loophole quest or so im doing the last 3-4 quests over and over again.

Says on my profile i comleted 38 quests so i guess im stuck there the name of the quest i keep repeating is Sir Lentoth - Civil Unrest also Sir Lentoth - Target The Wold Stronghold and another one i cant remember but i keep reating them. I remember somtimes he says that there is a party in some stronghold but than the game acts weird have to restart client and i continue with these quest.

no clue what to do iv done them so many times

P.S.: yea iv done a fresh re-install even on a diffrent laptop

Last edited by Xhodan : 02-24-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

You might be at the end of the current storyline and in that case it`s acting like it`s suppose to. At the end of the current 3 storyline - you are fighting in a loop battles VS the two other races, and your own civil war. So this is currently how far the story goes.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
You might be at the end of the current storyline and in that case it`s acting like it`s suppose to. At the end of the current 3 storyline - you are fighting in a loop battles VS the two other races, and your own civil war. So this is currently how far the story goes.

im pretty sure im very far from the end of storyline iv only done as profile says 38 quests
also im not fighting any other races like i said its a quest giving to fight a few peasants who are on an abrise.

and no matter what it keeps dong the same quest over and over its also not only 1 quest its like 3 quest that begin in a loophole also i mention that eventually it says there is a party in Dagak or whathever the city is called but than something weird happns and once i relog i start the same quests over and over

by the name givin cant you check what quest i am on?
Sir Lentoth - Civil Unrest also Sir Lentoth - Target The Wold Stronghold

pretty sure im not at the end
maybe log into my account see whats going on there?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Xhodan,

To correct - you actually reached the end of one of the three story lines - you only completed the shortest one - the civil war. And you have a lot more quests ahead of you - storyline of war with Orcs and war with Elves. Do you not have a quest to visit Dagbor?

Have you ever visited a Dagbor to get a quest there? Have you visited Thorndale to get Knighted?

And it would help if you would post you Log1.txt after logging in and out of your town and exiting the game. Instructions on posting Log1.txt file can be found here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4337
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 PM

i think iv been awarded a knight iv done a few quest also remember going to Dagbor a couple of times, i remember that he keeps telling me about an party in Dagbor but everytime he does the game starts to act weird and i need to restart and the quest starts over again.

i do have 2 open quests which i didnt finish yet (need to lay sieg against a elven and an orc npc town) but havent done them since iv tryed to solo it and yea lets just say I FAILED bad lol.

maybe it would help to have a list of quest and the missions on them? so people can kinda tell where they are, if there missing something.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:38 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Xhodan, it sounds like there might be a bug stopping you from getting some of the quests.

The next time you play and get told about the Dagbor quest and "the games starts to act weird", can you exit the game, find the log1.txt file in the Dawn of Fantasy install folder, and reply here with it attached.

Also, you will need to complete your open quests to progress. I recommend inviting a friend to coop siege the NPC towns.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shingles View Post
Xhodan, it sounds like there might be a bug stopping you from getting some of the quests.

The next time you play and get told about the Dagbor quest and "the games starts to act weird", can you exit the game, find the log1.txt file in the Dawn of Fantasy install folder, and reply here with it attached.

Also, you will need to complete your open quests to progress. I recommend inviting a friend to coop siege the NPC towns.
ok will re do them and post my result here
Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 AM

iv attached 3 log files all from the same day but diffrent times.
1st one shows me finishing a quest and than getting the same quest again
2nd i think shows the loop
3rd same as first one only its the diffrent quest in the loop

no clue if those help but iv been doing them over and over again i also havent been invited to visit Dagbor anymore so i couldnt show those logs
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (239.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log1x.txt (236.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log1xx.txt (237.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Ok, it was the visit Dagbor bit that sounded bugged, but things seem ok from your logs and you shouldn't be invited to Dagbor anymore.

The Civil Unrest quest is the end of the Men vs Men quest line, it will keep looping and give you a different target.

There are a few more quests after The Root of the Rout in the Men vs Elves quest line. Once you get to a quest called Continuing Conflict it will loop like Civil Unrest, giving you different targets to attack.

There are also more quests after Where Humans Fear To Tread in the Men vs Orcs quest line. Ever Eager For Battle is the looping quest at the end of that line.

So, basically, you need to conquer Uttal Atros and Ral Nistro to get more quests. Invite another player to help you if you can't do it on your own, they don't have to be doing the same quest (or even the same race), any player will do.

You might also be interested in playing as Orcs or Elves, they have their own quest storylines to complete.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM

ahhhh
ok thanks for the info
guess i have to do these siege quest and find someone