another thread with questions - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2008, 11:11 AM

Arctopus has a default reputation

thanks!

again , i came up with another question

8. is there a chat?

Last edited by Arctopus : 05-29-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecility View Post
thank!

again , i came up with another question

8. is there a chat?
Yes.
Not to sure about Vo-ip/Voice over IP/mics, hopefuly,
Ingame freinds list, most likely, not yet though.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

I can add on a bit to what Joseph and Konstantin have put in.

Regarding custom logos for your kingdoms, we currently don't have it planned, but I have asked our programming department about it, and it is possible. It is something a few of us think should be in the game, and we will probably put it in, but it all comes down to time constraints. We may not add a "use an image from your PC" style to it, because we know it would get abused, and it would also cost us to pay people to monitor those things (we'd like to use our budgets to pay more people to make DoF2 or DoF expansions). So more than likely if we do implement logos, it will be much like Guild Wars' cape design system, there will be numerous backgrounds/designs/colors you can use to create your own unique logo.

In game chat, there will be in game text chat, at this time we have no plans for in game voice chat. Not sure if any current RTS games use it, but if it becomes a necessity to you, you can always use third party programs like Team Speak or Ventrilio.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny View Post

Regarding custom logos for your kingdoms, we currently don't have it planned, but I have asked our programming department about it, and it is possible. It is something a few of us think should be in the game, and we will probably put it in, but it all comes down to time constraints. We may not add a "use an image from your PC" style to it, because we know it would get abused, and it would also cost us to pay people to monitor those things (we'd like to use our budgets to pay more people to make DoF2 or DoF expansions). So more than likely if we do implement logos, it will be much like Guild Wars' cape design system, there will be numerous backgrounds/designs/colors you can use to create your own unique logo.

In game chat, there will be in game text chat, at this time we have no plans for in game voice chat. Not sure if any current RTS games use it, but if it becomes a necessity to you, you can always use third party programs like Team Speak or Ventrilio.
Ahh ventrillo... Good times... Good times...

But now we have Teemspeex, and we don't need it anymore.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:26 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny View Post

Maybe you could make it like DoW's custom flags and decorations. I bet a lot of people would like to put their own custom heraldry on their army's banner.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSlayer View Post
Maybe you could make it like DoW's custom flags and decorations. I bet a lot of people would like to put their own custom heraldry on their army's banner.
yes
i agree
Old 06-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

I'm sure if you need 'moderators' to ensure that the game is running smoothly, you should easily be able to get a load of people from here and after the game is released players that seem reliable and mature enough. And that would all be free.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

I WANNA BE A MODERATOR!!! I IS MATURE ENOUGH!!! I WILL CRY IF I DON"T BECOME A MODERATOR!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Please?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:39 AM

Khyron has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 View Post
I WANNA BE A MODERATOR!!! I IS MATURE ENOUGH!!! I WILL CRY IF I DON"T BECOME A MODERATOR!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Please?
If only this did not actually happen from time to time.

I have little doubt that at some point there will be a custom flag option will be in, even if it is limited to DOW or GW style of making a banner. I don't need it at launch and would prefer that Dev team not get bogged down with it delaying launch, but as an update once they have it working the way they want ensuring no inappropriate images can be somehow managed to be made.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

A patch or expansion for this wouldn't be such a bad idea... it would prompt people to buy the expansion, but not be necessary