still not on steam yet? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation
Default still not on steam yet?

Dunno how long this takes to get on there, but wasn't this game green-lit in November? 2 months and still not available on steam yet? just wondering what the time frame for this is? can we expect it this month? or next month?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 AM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

All their estimated dates r actually 2+ months more than what's said. I call it reverie time.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
All their estimated dates r actually 2+ months more than what's said. I call it reverie time.
Too true. We've got to get Kon to stop giving dates

We've integrated the Steam API, added in Steam Achievements, plus a few other things.

There are just a few things to sort out - integration testing by Valve, distributing Steam keys for existing players, etc., but Dawn of Fantasy should be on Steam soon and by soon I mean within weeks.

If it's not on by the end of the month, I will slap Kon
Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

One thing I keep on repeating to myself, and others - Steam is the last chance for DoF to become popular. And majority of new player traffic and player impression will be formed during the first two weeks on Steam... so we need to make sure things go as smoothly as possible. So we are doing all we can with testing and polishing Steam integration, and trying to fix and improve DoF in any way possible.

We do absolutely need to release by the end of February - as March will be terrible with huge releases like Starcraft II.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

February has a couple as well though, like Aliens : colonial marines and skyrim dragonborn... I liek to thank you guys for the detailed reply and as I suspected really, had completely no idea how much is involved in getting a game greenlit to steam... I was just really curious as to what was going on... thanks again guys
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakiller View Post
February has a couple as well though, like Aliens : colonial marines and skyrim dragonborn... I liek to thank you guys for the detailed reply and as I suspected really, had completely no idea how much is involved in getting a game greenlit to steam... I was just really curious as to what was going on... thanks again guys
DoF is Fantasy/Strategy Genre
So those Games are not an direct competitor to them.

Starcraft however is an different matter as it falls partly into the same category.

Still the main point still is the State of the Game
DoF has an high latent potential on many aspects especially in the Online Kingdom Mode
but while the Game itself offers alot of possibilitys and options an an player the Interaction and Individualization is currently very limited which is greatly dampening the effect for the Online Community.
This ranges from the low priority issues like your lvl 60 Hero still looking the same as any other lvl 1 Hero on the Field and your Keep even after being surrounded by layers Stonewalls still being a small run down millhouse.
over some mediocre issues like Alliance System and the Ability to choose an certain Race you want to Attack.
Towards the really high priority issues like the inability to fight more than 1vs1 or fighting over an actual Ingame Location instead of just Randomly attacking each other.
Another high priority issue is the Trading of Units and Ressources between Players.

Honestly said I for my part currently think that DoF also needs to increase its moneymaking
I can only recommend to fastly adapt to Steam and offer some DLCs soon.

While this is of course Wishful Thinking I hope to see either Dwarfs as Playable Race
or at least the Introduction of Naval Units together with an new World Map Area covered in Snow in the Northwest inhabitatet by some Nordics with Battle Axes and Two Handed Swords ^^ by the end of the Year.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM

Miamigoon has a default reputation

Yea its very disappointing for me waiting all this time......

Main reason is because they kept giving dates and failed 4 times now to meet the date they told me for steam.

I held off because as you see they added in things that make the gameplay experience better from the start now with the added in buildings and more things to make it fun like achievements, etc.

However, over 2 months since I bought the game and have not played waiting for my steam key is still a long time for a game they said would be on steam very soon back then.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Miamigoon, you can play Dawn of Fantasy now. Your cities, armies, units, quest progression, achievements, etc will all carry over to Steam. I'm not sure what you're waiting for exactly.

We regret the delays, but several unforeseen circumstances have meant we've had to wait longer for certain key things to be done and so we've adjusted the release date accordingly. However, we haven't been idle in that time, instead of just waiting we've been busy working to add in as many bug fixes and features as we can to improve the game.

Trust me, we're more eager than anyone to get Dawn of Fantasy released on Steam. As soon as it can be released, it will be.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 PM

Xhodan has a default reputation

question about the steam release

once DoF hits steam do we acctualy have to use steam in order to play the game? i dont use steam and im not planning on using steam. so i dont exactly know how this works hopefully you can still play it with out using steam like it is right now. i really would hate having to give up on this game
Old 02-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Steam will be optional.

You can either play the game through Steam or run it from the updater as you do now.