Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Homelands Expansion Released! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Homelands Expansion Released!

Reverie World Studios is happy to announce the release of the release of the Dawn of Fantasy Homeland Expansion!!! Today we would like to welcome you to the new Dawn of Fantasy experience. This expansion combines weeks of work into the largest patch we ever released - bringing you over thirty new features, and countless fixes and improvements. In addition we plan to release a follow patch early next week with some additional content and a few fixes that didn`t make it into today`s release.

-Level up your buildings to increase their stats, train units cheaper and faster, and increase unit starting level to level 5
-Brand new Winter texture theme
-Fixing majority of PvP issues, including OOS

-Homeland expansions with three times as many houses and buildings to build on your homeland
-New guard towers and stand alone keep structures for your homeland
-Unique building and walls texture set for each region

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 01-28-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

That's great to hear!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 PM

txfirefighter has a default reputation

Oh yeah! Three cheers for Reverie Studios
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

I logged in to see my max population is 27 when before it was in the 50s. Any idea whats going on? Wasn't sure whether to post this in the bug forum since this must be directly related to the update.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

New houses only give 1 pop each instead of 2-4 like it used to be before. Each homelands now supports up to 180 houses/residence buildigns. And Orcs have unlimited huts. Max pop is still 90 though...for now.

We didn`t add this yet, but in the next update getting more houses will boost your max resource storage, and Human taxes will start giving small tax income. And Orcish huts will get better at defending - try building house walls:D
Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

One Point irritating me is that Old Homelands wont receive some of the Features tough.

I am pretty sure many people bought Crowns and many also earned em by doing quests pvp and sieges.

For me Personally the Question is what exactly will be missing on the Old Homelands.
Because this is the deciding factor for an Borderline here.

After all being an Older Player with an older Design in his Town is one thing.
You can even brag about it because it shows your an Player who played this for longer time already and thus having a different Homeland due to changes made after his start.

But if the Old Homelands are missing stats or even bonusses and income thats a different story.
And if they cant even fix it without losing all the crowns they worked hard for its even worse.

Greetz

edit:
also there is the first Bug
well its not one making players unhappy tough

Currently it seems that the Upgrades of some of the Buildings dont deduct the Crowns Cost :)
Just Upgraded my Barracks to lvl 4 without paying a single Crown for it.

Last edited by Sunleader : 01-25-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:08 AM

Yeah - I didn't think the statement would sound so misleading. It was only a recommendation:):) It's a better challenge and building up is much more fun than it used to be.

The only difference between brand new and old homelands is you'll be missing 20 out of 170 houses. This does not impact the gameplay experience and mostly a visual aspect.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Well you said Houses give an Tax Income.

But just for Reference
did you actually change the limit or have you only not added the slots to the old Homelands ?

Because I went on and Build to Housing Maximum upon Login
He said Houselimit Reached and I noticed I had several buildings which overlapped.
not an major issue but might this be due to the slots not being available ?

maybe he just put the 20 houses he could not fit anywhere else on already occupied slots ?
just a guess tough
Old 01-27-2013, 03:06 PM

Xhodan has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Yeah - I didn't think the statement would sound so misleading. It was only a recommendation:):) It's a better challenge and building up is much more fun than it used to be.

The only difference between brand new and old homelands is you'll be missing 20 out of 170 houses. This does not impact the gameplay experience and mostly a visual aspect.
well but houses do add more space for resources tax etc so people are still gimped compared to others, it might not sound much and even if doesnt give an benefit at all and is just for visuals it is still something i would be missing and would hate, that others can build stuff and i cant, even if its just a visual thing. i hope you guys can fix this cause right now this is the only reason why i havent tryed it
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM

Good news guys - we got a fix in the works. So you`ll be able to build these extra 15 houses on your homelands. And please ignore the suggestion to start a new content - that was worded badly. I meant that it`s a good experience shall you choose to do so.