Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

When is Steam key finally arriving? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Traveler Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM

Miamigoon has a default reputation
Default When is Steam key finally arriving?

Just wondering when we will get our steam keys? They said 2nd week in January, that is pretty much this week coming up, will we get them or another delay? Thanks.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

It's close, they have to wait for steam to release the game before giving out steam keys
Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 PM

I've played many games like Forge recently where I played on steam before release. Also airmech and others, they give you the steam key while its still in beta or pre-release.

This is the 2nd week of January so I thought it would be by Friday. Maybe its next week then?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We are aiming for the weekend of the 19th right now. But it`s all up to Steam now... we`ll update everyone if there are any more delays from Steam end - since they take their time testing everything out.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

As DoF has been out for a good while and is just now getting on steam the devs (I believe) are waiting to get Dof on steam to ship out the keys.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
We are aiming for the weekend of the 19th right now. But it`s all up to Steam now... we`ll update everyone if there are any more delays from Steam end - since they take their time testing everything out.
OK, thank you!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM

Already Jan. 21, still no steam. Is it that your gamer isn't polished enough to pass Steam inspection or what is it that you are saying, "its up to steam now.." ?

I haven't started playing and waited weeks now to try it because I want it on steam so I don't have to re-download, etc.

When is steam happening? Please let us know more specifically and why it is delayed, Thanks.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Miamigoon, I understand your concern and apologize for the delay.

At this point my best estimate is February 9th. I hope we`ll release earlier - but I would rather be on a safe side.

There are several reasons we are over a week behind now, and might take up to another two weeks:
-Steam release process - even after we submit eveything to Steam they take up to 10 days before the release date - this adds almost two weeks
-Instead of quickly adding the game on Steam, we went for a full integration with over 30 achievements - and that added a week on top
-We are set on polishing the game as much as possible prior to the release - want to make sure new Steam players have the best impression of the game - another week and a half on top

And the download is just over 2 GBs, so unless you have bandwidth restrictions, why not download and start playing already.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Because then I'll have the game activated on Steam and Desura both, whats the point of that. I bought it where I get a key for both platforms. I don't think it makes sense for me to use up both keys on the same account, pointless really isn't it?

Also if you are adding steam achievements and stuff, wouldn't I enjoy the game more on steam like that? Or will achievements carry over from Desura to here?

I just am disappointed, was expecting the game for a long time to be here Jan. 19, got excited again to finally try it, now will be much later I guess. Thanks for the update.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 AM

Emre is just above average reputation

Wow, easy man. You have the game on Desura but you dont play it because it's not on steam. I don't understand the logic here. They release it when it's done. I'm sure they want it to be on steam more than you do.