Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Elf Bugs list encountered - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 PM

Numen has a default reputation
Default Elf Bugs list encountered

I don`t know if there is a general post already, but here is a list of things i encountered to be bugged: (All are on elven city)

Walls:
1. Upgrading to an arch from a normal gate makes the gate disappear, the building thing started going. Logged off and logged on and nothing is there anymore, simply no gate, no arch, nothing.
2. When the first level of walls are done, the 2 main walls have no run-up, no units can enter any walls there, only the arch around the mountain is accessible. Building the Stone heaven (inner walls) doesn`t solve the problem.
3. Not all walls are connected in inner heaven. FIXED ITSELF ON RESTART OF GAME.
4. Units walk in the air next to the walls at some places, or on the very edge of them. Looks rather sloppy.

Resources:
1. the forest spirits don`t show on counter, nor collect any visible wood. They do have the yellow ticker and they seem to gather wood, it just doesn`t show anywhere.
2. Nothing depletes? i don`t know if that is the point, but no resources seem to actually deplete.
3. the trickle from elven residence seem completely bugged. Both descriptions are wrong (says food trickle under all 3 options) and it does nothing to the resource counters when switched
4. Multiple workers on adjacent resource nodes often stand doing nothing or start walking glitches/ pointless in between the nodes. Seems a pathing problem. Don`t know if it affects actual income, might be just visual bug.

Units:
1. Some units have lower starting Stamina then abilities require stamina. Mass heal for instance. Now i don`t know if that was meant-to-be or not, but it looks strange at the least. Perhaps grey them out, make them unlock able, but not like this.
2. Sound of units cutting resources dominates the sound if you are in your city. Quite annoying up to a point of quitting from the city because of it giving a headache. Perhaps only let the noise be heard when units are selected, because now the sound even goes on when the game is minimized and it is really really annoying repetitive sound
3. Summoning treant with enchanter and logging off seems to cancel it (with no refund) the treant wasn`t build anyway.

IDEAS:
1. Perhaps unit formations? would do the game GREAT
2. Unit slots on walls. Units now kind of stand like a group of brainless zombies on a wall. If they would make a line along the wall, it would look, feel and probably play much better.
3. Option to automatically skip the stories of quests and advice. Would just be nice for people who do it a second or third time, you do not really want to read it over and over again.

that`s it for now, only played two days. Will keep these coming as we go, i hope people join in with useful bug reporting so we can get this game off its feet. The feeling is there, the concept is nice. Let`s bring this game together, together!

Last edited by Numen : 12-31-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for your post. Couple of issues we weren`t aware, added what we could do our patch to do list.

And there are unit formation. I`m guessing your playing Elves and they only have two battle stances instead of formations - that`s why you might have missed it.

Quote:
2. Unit slots on walls. Units now kind of stand like a group of brainless zombies on a wall. If they would make a line along the wall, it would look, feel and probably play much better
Something we plan in the near future, it would help a lot I agree.

Quote:
3. Option to automatically skip the stories of quests and advice. Would just be nice for people who do it a second or third time, you do not really want to read it over and over again.
Usually clicking Continue button in the dialogue window does just that.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 PM

outofit08 has a default reputation

There is also a issue with resource gathering.
It Seems that stone and gold dont gather at all when im logged off.
Once i Log on my gold resource begins to skyrocket but not as if it just now being counted it just grows rather fast.
The stone does the same. Food and Wood seem to be doing just fine while im offline although the numbers should probally be higher. And yes there is still over 6k of free space in my city storage place.
So there offline resource gathering in seems to be broken. Gold and stone will be at 0 every time i log in regardless of what i leave it at.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:28 AM

axal011 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofit08 View Post
There is also a issue with resource gathering.
It Seems that stone and gold dont gather at all when im logged off.
Once i Log on my gold resource begins to skyrocket but not as if it just now being counted it just grows rather fast.
The stone does the same. Food and Wood seem to be doing just fine while im offline although the numbers should probally be higher. And yes there is still over 6k of free space in my city storage place.
So there offline resource gathering in seems to be broken. Gold and stone will be at 0 every time i log in regardless of what i leave it at.
Same here, only Stone is at 0 when i log in
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM

The resource problem is linked to the wall construction auto taking resources. It does not recognize when the walls are complete so it continues to drain resources even though the walls are complete
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM

axal011 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofit08 View Post
The resource problem is linked to the wall construction auto taking resources. It does not recognize when the walls are complete so it continues to drain resources even though the walls are complete

If thats the case, ive been losing stone for a year lol
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Resources gather much slower when the player is offline, also it sounds like what might be happening is the resource cap is being hit and that changes which resources are gathered (tends to lean on food/wood and limit stone/gold mining). When you hit the resource cap and continue to gather resources then the server reduces some of the resources to allow for the resources continuing to gather.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM

Thumbs down

I know you don't mean to be offensive, but please don't assume im a idiot!
My cap is not even close i still have over 6k of free space it is the wall construction not triggering right and it keeps re appearing even though the walls are complete. Some times if i stay logged on long enough and i keep disabling auto wall construct it will disappear for the duration of the game. but when i log back on it strikes again.
I have played with it enough to find out that it will consume both gold and stone like walls are being constructed while im logged off and i have have alot of gold it may last until i log back on but of-course at a lower amount then when i left. So i believe it to be the auto wall trigger that is not functioning properly and is consuming my resources.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I'm not sure how gold would drain from walls not building (afaik they are not linked beyond the starting price of the walls). I didn't mean to imply you were an idiot
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM

The purchase of the wall then auto construct may be going hand in hand, but regardless i dont really care what the problem is i just want it fixed. Both gold and stone are zeroed out. I left over 4k gold in last night and now its at 13!!! so ya its going bye bye. Look please just fix it other people are having this same issue i promise you.
You guys working on the big patch i hope it fixes major issues like not being able to have gold and stone in your main city because it will just disappear.