Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Interested in the game, noob questions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Wakko has a default reputation
Default Interested in the game, noob questions

Heya! I noticed this game got greenlit and it got my attention. However, I got a few questions.

As I understood it, you can only invade other players when they are online. So that basically mean if I wouldnt be online for a week, no one can attack me? How does that work if say, I camp outside a enemy player ready to invade in like 6 hours or something. What would happen if either I or he/she would be offline when I finally can invade?

How does the combat feel, and unit management. It looks very clunky and unpolished in videos I've seen (the combat that is, pathfinding and combat animations etc). Is the unit management like Total War? You command your armies yourself or can you assign generals to flank/take control of a few units if you have a lot to control? Or is the AI really stupid?

How hectic are the battles? In games like these when you control a army I generally like to watch the battles (like in the total war games). Maybe even let the AI (like generals and so on) take control of the battle just to watch it, and take control if needed.

How is the cash shop? I know the devs say it isnt pay to win (I've read a few FAQ's and the sort) but I'd like to hear from the players what you think. Do you think this game has pay to win elements?

Also, how does the "armies are matched by strength" thing work. I mean, I build units before the battles right? So if I build, lets say 1000 infantry. A player invade me with 500 infantry, to match this, do I only get to defend with 500 infantry even though I have 1000? And vice versa, if someone attack me with 1000 infantry, and I only have 500 defending, do I get 500 more to defend with as a bonus?

And last, as a player who loved stronghold and like Total War, do you think this is a game for me?

EDIT: Should've read through the forums a bit more, I just noticed the "Traveler Introductions" forum. Maybe this thread should be moved there?

Last edited by Wakko : 12-20-2012 at 08:40 PM.