Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

DOF not responding - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Lexalive has a default reputation
Default DOF not responding

Its has been almost a YEAR and i have not still been able to play Dawn of Fantasy, as i click the play button on the launcher it pops up saying "Dof.exe ha stop working" (Windows is checking for a soloution to the problem). Can anyone help?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexalive View Post
Its has been almost a YEAR and i have not still been able to play Dawn of Fantasy, as i click the play button on the launcher it pops up saying "Dof.exe ha stop working" (Windows is checking for a soloution to the problem). Can anyone help?
It's bit of an exaggeration to say you haven't been able to play for a year since you logged in in June and have 3 cities.

Here are some steps that were posted for other players that have had similar problems with the "Dof.exe has stopped working" error, please try these and let us know if these work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Hello,

Some things you can try.

1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.

2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DofUpdater.exe as exception

3) When you start the updater, try to right click - and Start as Administrator (or Run as Administrator)

4) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555

5) Try getting the latest .Net Framework (free download, just google it)

6) To confirm you already tried using the latest client located here? http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

7) Lets try uninstall one more time, but this time also removing temp updater files:

a.) Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
b.) Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:c.) There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM

I did everything and well now its asking for my CD key sadly i miss placed it, but thank you for your help i apologize for the angry/demanding question.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Always glad to help Check your private messages on the forum for a CD key solution.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Always glad to help Check your private messages on the forum for a CD key solution.
Thank you so much for all the help.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 AM

Dellow has a default reputation
Thumbs down DOF Not responding

I am a new player to DOF and have been playing for 4 days with much enjoyment.
For no reason now when i start the game on my laptop it boots the game, screen blacks and the message DOF not responding appears.

i have tried and followed all the instructions i could to fix this but still no luck.
It is weird that this has happened as i have not done any windows updates or changed anything on my laptop, it was all working fine.

Is there anyone out there that can assist me, i was really enjoying the game and have rerfered it too all my friends and am starting to get really frustrated by the whole experience.

i have been a gamer for years and have never had such issues with any game.
please help me.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hi Dellow,

Can you confirm you`ve followed all of these steps?

1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.

2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DofUpdater.exe as exception

3) When you start the updater, try to right click - and Start as Administrator (or Run as Administrator)

4) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555

5) Try getting the latest .Net Framework (free download, just google it)

6) To confirm you already tried using the latest client located here? http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

7) Lets try uninstall one more time, but this time also removing temp updater files:

a.) Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
b.) Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:c.) There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.[/quote]