Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Having trouble installing/starting DoF? READ THIS FIRST! - Page 10 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:28 AM

jarzium has a default reputation

hi,

i had no trouble playing with it at first but now it crashes right after the game updates and patches.

here's the error message. i've tried deleting and reinstalling, updating my drivers, etc. but still same problem.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dof.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f8dbfe7
Fault Module Name: Dof.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f8dbfe7
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 000073e9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1e7b
Additional Information 2: 1e7b8ffdc1fd02bb7a0b6e59dea28395
Additional Information 3: 298a
Additional Information 4: 298aba7d136b84f3089cf5ed8d049a74
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello,

You are second player to report this in a week, and we are looking into this. Could you please look up a file Log.txt - it`ll be inside your Dawn of Fantasy folder. And please attach and email to support@reverieworld.com, this will help us track down and fix this much faster.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 AM

jarzium has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Hello,

You are second player to report this in a week, and we are looking into this. Could you please look up a file Log.txt - it`ll be inside your Dawn of Fantasy folder. And please attach and email to support@reverieworld.com, this will help us track down and fix this much faster.
hi, i tried doing that but the log files are all empty.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Here`s few more step for you to try:

Quote:
Hello,

Some things you can try.

1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.

2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DofUpdater.exe as exception

3) When you start the updater, try to right click - and Start as Administrator (or Run as Administrator)

4) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555

5) Try getting the latest .Net Framework (free download, just google it)

6) To confirm you already tried using the latest client located here? http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

7) Lets try uninstall one more time, but this time also removing temp updater files:

a.) Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
b.) Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:c.) There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 PM

TheWitcher300 has a default reputation

Hi, I am having trouble with the DoFUpdater.exe: .Net framework v4.0.3031 problem when I click to launch the game(I use Admin too) but I have it installed and everything but it still says I need it? I have reinstalled and repaired it many times but still it's the same results. Any clue what to do?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 AM

Hi Witcher, I replied to you in your other post.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Brocnor has a default reputation
Default One file remaining

Yes hello, i'm having a problem with the loading of the files, it works all fine till it hits the last file where it still have normal amoug of KB / S as it does, about 23-64, but it doesn't load? it just stays on that last file, it has been trying to load for the pass two hours.. is there anyway around this and can it be solved with a simple way?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 AM

Hi Brocnor,

If this happens, just do this:

1) Close the updater.
2) Press Cntrl+Alt+Del - go to Processes,
3) Check that there is no DoFUpdater running there, if it is - Terminate that process.
4) Start updater again

OR

1) Close the updater
2) Restart Computer
3) Start updater again
Old 02-10-2013, 01:11 AM

Lord Lurk has a default reputation

Quote:
Here`s few more step for you to try:
Hello, I just recently bought the game through Desura, about a day ago, and have been trying to get it to run properly but I keep having the same issue every time.

I had no issues downloading the game through the Desura client, as far as I can tell no errors were given during the installation and Desura is reading that the game is "Ready" and fully verified.

I followed the 7 steps that Fomenko has posted here about 7 or 8 times now, as well as a few other things, with every attempt ending in the same result. The DoFUpdater runs through the initial startup process and prompts me for my CD-Key, once I enter the key and hit confirm, the client instantly crashes and prompts me with this error log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: dofupdater.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.1.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4eb83f0c
Problem Signature 04: System.Management
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba1e140
Problem Signature 07: 24e
Problem Signature 08: 10f
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 67ff
Additional Information 2: 67ffa67043b6292084abf523d5939cf5
Additional Information 3: da7d
Additional Information 4: da7d63fc8ab107e5ecb61744f2576748

I have tried searching through the forums but have not found anything yet that is identical to my problem, I'm posting this here finally as my attempts in solving this issue so far by myself have been unpromising.

I see that sometimes the uh, updater-log file is asked for, so I am attaching it here just to cover my bases. If any other information is needed, please let me know and I will gladly update the post to include it.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated, I am very curious about DoF and would like to see if all the hype I have seen for this game lives up to my expectations.

EDIT: Forgot my system specs:

CPU: AMD 4-core

GFX: Nvidia Gforce GTS 450

RAM: 8 GB

HHD: 250 GB

And yes, every driver I can possibly update has been updated; sound card, graphics card, motherboard, cpu, bios, ram, hard-drive, network, runtime libraries, etc, etc, etc...
Attached Files
File Type: txt updater-log.txt (33.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Lord Lurk : 02-10-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 AM

gaudy24 has a default reputation
Default ayudaaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephriem View Post
Do you get it as soon as you start the game from the desktop?

Also, this:

I got it from a different thread. Some people are having problems starting the game, one of the people from the DoF programmer team is going to be looking into it today, and should have a fix for it soon. Maybe that'll help you.

Edit: Thanks for the sticky ^_^ I'll try and keep it updated!
mira tengo un problema, va todo perfecto descargar y eso pero al iniciar me aparece como que quiere iniciar pero no inicia, lo e reinstalado y e instalado todo lo que pone en la pagina pero nada no va a y tambien lo de administrador.
ace tiempo me iba porke llegue a jugar iba bien tube un problema con la cpu y ahora lo intento y nada si me puedes ayudar y si no indicar que hago muchas GraX