Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Performance Issues - Visual Lag, Combat Lag, Load-time Problems, Temp Freezes e.t.c - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM

Bighead has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Bighead, This seems to be the problem with a memory leak. We are releasing a potential fix in this weekend`s patch - please let us know if that helps you (patch will be out by Sunday)
The patch didn't seem to help at all. I duel boot my PC with XP and Vista, so I reinstalled under Vista and everything works great with Max settings
Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Yeah - this patch didn`t include a fix for the Win XP lag bug, we will get to it eventually.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

Hello,
Im experiencing terrible lag when I enter in a zone on world map and select my units. I noticed that the highlight are propably the responsible for this lag, I mean, when I select a troop the higlight around the units and around the portaits cause lag issues making my fps drops from 40+ to 5-9. I decreased some graphics options like water effects but as soon as I select some units I get lag.

If I select mass heal from apothecary I got lag if I have my units selected, as soon as I deselect them the lag is gone, and Im pretty sure that this happens because the portaits starts to shine. If I select a average amount of troops I got the same lag, if only a small amount I lag when they move.

My specs are:
GTX 460
i5 2.67Hz
4gb ram
win 7 64-bit

Thank you.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello aramsm,

Thank you for your report. I know we expect to fix this issue as part of the pathfniding update - hopefully due with-in 10 days.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 AM

VampirX4 has a default reputation

Hello!
I played this game 3-4 months ago and everything was fine.
Now I want to try again.
I have logged in and my menu has a slideshow.
Same problem in my city and in all game.
Sorry for my bad english and I hope you could understand me
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (34.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 AM

Hey VampirX4 - I checked your specs and you should be able to run the game with top settings with no problems.

Have you tried setting all the visual settings to minimal, restarting the game and trying again?

Other than that the only recommendation is restarting computer and trying again, and making sure nothing runs in the background.

Hardware wise - nothing can really go wrong, got to be something on windows side - with some program running in the background causing this.

The only other thing to check - if you have changed any customer performance properties on your video card, try to reset it to default - if you played around in Nvidia or ATI Catalyst control pannels.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 AM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

It seems there is still a sound bug: When I zoom out much, stereo will be reversed. So what should be left, comes from right and vice versa.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Ubung has a default reputation

Im getting unusually low performance from this game. By rights i should be running the game at max settings @ 1080p with a constant 60 fps with vsync on.

However im getting fluctuating fps when playing the game. As soon as my castle and my army became reasonably large my fps drops from a stable 60 to 35 - 45 fps. 35 when i hover over my castle and army, 45 everywhere else.

I dont have these issues with any other games. Even BF 3 only requires me to turn down AA to 2x for a locked 60 fps on 64 player maps.

Its a pity the performance is so mediocre as the game is very enjoyable.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (40.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM

That`s what we get for using our own engine. While working relatively well for low end systems, it`s impossible to squeeze a perfect 60 out of it in all situations.

Try setting Water quality to medium. That might actually do the trick, or Draw Distance to Medium.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 AM

Ubung has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
That`s what we get for using our own engine. While working relatively well for low end systems, it`s impossible to squeeze a perfect 60 out of it in all situations.

Try setting Water quality to medium. That might actually do the trick, or Draw Distance to Medium.
Thanks for the quick response. After turning water quality to medium and draw distance to high I now get a locked 60 fps anywhere on my home town in mutliplayer.

I then tried a single player siege game to see how it fared with many units on the screen. I selected large armies and large reinforcements to get as many units on screen as possible.

On Dagbar it was locked 60 fps unless you hovered over the central building when it went down to 54 fps. Once the army came it started acting weird. 60 fps locked at the entrance with all the units I had fighting the enemy. However when i hovered over the town hall building it dropped to like 20 fps, even though there were only 2 sets of peasents visible on the screen at that time.

On Darssen it was locked at 60 fps no matter where on the map, even with all the units fighting.

Overall much better and now playable enough to enjoy myself. Thanks again.