Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hours of game play lost, troops missing, buildings gone,etc... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 AM

carlford94 has a default reputation
Default Hours of game play lost, troops missing, buildings gone,etc...

Last night I was playing the game for about 6hr, When I logged back on this morning, several of my buildings I had constructed where missing (around 4 huts, 1 temple, and I had the paliside upgrade around 45% - 1 wall nearly done). This may not seem allot to loose on buildings, but considering these huts where set up for mining, it was a big set back.

I reckon I lost around 4 laborers, 3 marauders, and the biggest set back out of all of this, the 5 ogers from quests. When I was set back, it took me to the quest to tame 4 more ogers, but the quest was complete, so I just handed it in. Looked for my ogers to help kill the dragon and they are missing. I have checked the world map, they arnt in any army, I have checked my local map, cant be seen anywhere, I also checked the create army on world map, they don't show up, meaning they are not in the town.

While I am slightly annoyed at the buildings, they can be replaced easy, the biggest set back for me by far is the loss of my ogers, without them, I will struggle to proceed through the game, I don't want to start again however, since 25 troops units and a few buildings are better then 1 of each.

I hope you are able to get this bug sorted ASAP and if you could return my ogers some how, that would be a massive help

Bug -
Dont know how much this will help, but some info about what happened before the bug:
I was playing orcs in desert, I had just accepted the mission from 1 of the 10 sons of the orc king (cant remember name), he told me I had to build an army to go crush other orcs. I opened world map and saw my camp (1 warg troop, below 50% hp) just to the west of my base had a blue glow around it, I clicked it and entered combat. Been overpowered, I clicked a button in the top left that looked like a map (i think), this started to take me to the world map, the game then crashed.

I don't see this been an internet problem as my friend was playing on the same internet, at the same time, his progress saved fine (though I did see a connection lost/failed message a while before, figured game would shut if connection really was lost)

My pc has a AMD FX-8 8150 8 core CPU 4.75GHz(oc), 8GB RAM 1720MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 GPU, I'm pretty sure the crash wasn't caused by my specs been too low

If connection really was lost earlier on, it would explain why progress didnt save, and may also be the reason why game crashed after I left the battle and tried to re-load my connection with the server

If this is found to be the case, please make the connection lost problem much bigger, a small pop-up that goes after a few seconds, looks like it has been resolved, a much better approach would be to stop the game play, then either take the user to a re-connecting screen, or the login panel so they can connect again manually

Thanks