Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Greenlit! Holiday Steam Launch! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Greenlit! Holiday Steam Launch!

Really exciting news today - Dawn of Fantasy was Greenlit by Valve earlier today! After three long months, over 150,000 hits and almost getting Greenlit over a month ago, we have finally made it! We would like to take a moment to thank everyone who voted for us, and especially the countless individuals who helped spread the word and make this possible! And now it`s time for our team to run up some overtime - as we`ll aim to get Dawn of Fantasy on Steam with-in two weeks.

Getting on Steam is a huge deal for Dawn of Fantasy, our company, and for our players as well! There is no denying that Steam is the largest PC distribution platform, and we expect to increase our sales revenue ten-fold. What that means for the game? We can hire new staff, pay our current staff and continue working on improving and adding new features to Dawn of Fantasy - for the years to come!

At the same time this should address the biggest flaw in DoF (and no it`s not pathfinding) - our small player base. And looks like it`s about to explode! With higher number of players the game world should feel much livelier, there will always be someone to fight with or against, and our PvP design should finally start to make sense. Especially with Seigeworks release early next year and new PvP and world domination gameplay it should be lots of fun!

Another benefit to our players - on the day of our Steam release we are honoring our pledge and adding all of our CD keys distributed in the past both to Steam and Desura clients. So whatever network you prefer you`ll be connection to your friends. All of your progress will carry over shall you choose to reinstall on Steam or Desura.

And in conclusion - I wanted to share some other exciting developments in our efforts to market and build the player population. Get ready to welcome hundred, if not thousands of new settlers and warriors even before Dawn of Fantasy launches on Steam. This and next week Dawn of Fantasy is promoted on Impulse network, that`s getting us an immediate boost of new players. In addition we have teamed up with Groupees bundle to invite thousands of new players that will be joining us this weekend and next week - please make the new guys feel welcomed!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Grats, I know how long this has been awaited !
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

DGraviton has a default reputation

Woo hoo! Congrats!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 AM
DoF Moderator

miklos1 is just above average reputation

Congratz Dof team you guys deserve it. And thx for making a game we all love!!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM

veles666 has a default reputation

Grats, game will have steam achievements?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We are aiming to have a basic set of a dozen achievements on release, and will add more in January.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:32 PM

Zoreslav has a default reputation

Great news,waiting for release!And many achievements in future!))
Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM

Drewsie has a default reputation
Default Awesome

Just discovered this game and I really don't like buying PC games outside of STEAM if I can avoid it, so I am super glad to hear it got green-lit! Eagerly awaiting released as I will be buying it same day!

So if I understand this correctly....I could buy the game today and once it releases on steam I can just use the CD Key I got now to add it to my steam games?
If this is indeed true I will be getting it ASAP ^_^

Last edited by Drewsie : 11-30-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
So if I understand this correctly....I could buy the game today and once it releases on steam I can just use the CD Key I got now to add it to my steam games?
Yes this is exactly how it will work on day when we release on Steam.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM

kiamori has a default reputation
Default Steam will ban all of your games in your account if you play at a gaming Center.

I was playing at a local gaming center and they banned the two accounts I had used to login, over $5k in games banned just because I was playing at the local gaming center. When I asked why they said because it's the rule and then pointed me to some bs fine print on their website. I will never use steam/valve again. It's really sad that you all went with them because if you do a quick look they have done this to thousands of people. They are just a bunch of greedy (BLEEPS)

/end QQ