Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Many suggestions and proposals - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Sanezu has a default reputation
Default Many suggestions and proposals

Hey! I have been playing Dawn Of Fantasy long time, but still I'm finding few things what this game lacks. Of course I know that you might not have enough resources to make every suggestions what players are giving but I want at least that you listen what I'm suggesting.

1. Population cap should be bigger. Players like dragons but they take too much population limit. Same with army. Cap should be something like 120-150.

2. Game doesn't look enough real since there isn't any NPC citizens in Player's village/town/city/stronghold. It would be nice if there would be NPC citizens. It would be like: ''Damn, I have lot of peoples living in my town!''. Same with animals like dogs. It would be nice to see how some NPC citizens are gossiping middle of town or some NPC guy is fishing and there would be some city guards.

3. Different kind of Mills/Farms. It would be nice if Mills/Farms grow different kind of crops, vegetables or fruits. (Humans)

4. Female lords

5. Humans headquarter/castle should look more real and bigger.

6. Other ways to get food like fishing.

7. Player can have ships and boats. And of course sea battles.

8. More events and actions in Player's town. Like crimes (that's why we need city guards), sickness, flood and other things. That would mean we need NPC criminals who are stealing player's resources and natural disasters.

9. When it's night soldiers should be able to carry torches.

10. More buildings like Clinic (city's own healer), Watchtowers, Fisherman's lodge, Hunter's lodge, Sewers (there was sewers in middle age) and Wells (NPC citizens would carry water in they houses or water could be use as food resource and if there is fire in the city they could use well's water to stop fire).
Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 AM

SadClown is just above average reputation

I personally see most of that as unnecesary. The amount of lag would be awful with that kind of loads of NPCs. Though the sea thing part is being worked as far as I'm aware, and the cap population could also be increased a little.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Sanezu has a default reputation

Lag would be a problem but I have played lot of other games what looks little like Dawn Of Fantasy. Those are:

Stronghold 2

Stronghold Legends

Stronghold 3

Age of Empires - series ( Age of Mythology too)

I got my ideas from these games.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 AM

SadClown is just above average reputation

You're totally right. However, as far as I know, those games load a single map at a time. The server must run every map/fight/thing that a player loads, so the effect is multiplied. I might be wrong, it's just the conclusion I've ended on.

PD: the female lord part is being worked, though I can't imagine an orc female, lol.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Vind has a default reputation

you can always mark those stuff as non essential so they wouldnt be loaded if the siege is about to happen, that could reduce the lag.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Sidmarek001 has a default reputation
Default IDEA- bigger cities

Very good idea, we need bigger limit, i wnat to build a city which is as big as NPC cities
Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 AM

Dragun has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanezu View Post
Hey! I have been playing Dawn Of Fantasy long time, but still I'm finding few things what this game lacks. Of course I know that you might not have enough resources to make every suggestions what players are giving but I want at least that you listen what I'm suggesting.

1. Population cap should be bigger. Players like dragons but they take too much population limit. Same with army. Cap should be something like 120-150.

2. Game doesn't look enough real since there isn't any NPC citizens in Player's village/town/city/stronghold. It would be nice if there would be NPC citizens. It would be like: ''Damn, I have lot of peoples living in my town!''. Same with animals like dogs. It would be nice to see how some NPC citizens are gossiping middle of town or some NPC guy is fishing and there would be some city guards.

3. Different kind of Mills/Farms. It would be nice if Mills/Farms grow different kind of crops, vegetables or fruits. (Humans)

4. Female lords

8. More events and actions in Player's town. Like crimes (that's why we need city guards), sickness, flood and other things. That would mean we need NPC criminals who are stealing player's resources and natural disasters.

10. More buildings like Clinic (city's own healer), Watchtowers, Fisherman's lodge, Hunter's lodge, Sewers (there was sewers in middle age) and Wells (NPC citizens would carry water in they houses or water could be use as food resource and if there is fire in the city they could use well's water to stop fire).
I loved your ideas, principally about to give more "reality" to the cities, really wonderful, that would make DoF a very first class rts; the problem is that to do all this improves work well would need a good programming...
Is just sad that kind of game be played for just few peoples, i hope someday this game will be famous and the developer will have resources to make this game even better!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanezu View Post

4. Female lords

#10 for sure. Or add doctor/priest type units that can heal and replenish troops.
#1 i like, and should be raised. If they are getting new serversa soon it shouldnt be an issue.

And more player cities, let us have 1-3 more cities. 1 city is blah after its all decked out. Realy no reason to go back to main city once all buildings, techs, and walls/defenses are done.