Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Concern List - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Silent_Lamb has a default reputation
Default Concern List

First off I'd like to say, loving the new theme . It really goes well with the music from the main site.

Anyways I came up with a list of general concerns that I would have for the game, and this is before playing it. I also have one quick question.

From the rumor mill I hear that you have the game completed but there was some serious bug issues that needed to be fixed before you could move on. Is that true?

Anyways, off to the concerns.

1. From what I've read a player will have a castle/town and be able to stage attacks from there. My number one worry about this is that, what is the motivation for keeping your troops behind and not just draining all of your troops to attack. I know the obvious answer would be "You don't want to leave it un-defended" but if you send your troops out first then naturally if you win you'll be able to destroy the enemy before he can attack your un-guarded castle.

2. Stealth units. I haven't read anywhere that you plan to include these types of units but it's still a major concern. Stealth units seem to be more pesky than they can be fun. Of course that doesn't mean throw away stealth units, some games have managed to do a good job at balancing stealth units and tweaking certain things to make it work right. For example, Starcraft's ghost. Although invisible the only major concern it had was that it could lock down your technical units. And even then you could easily counter it with a science vessel.

3. Rushes in general. It might be considered the plague to some RTS gamers, and to other it might be considered a fair tactic. Whatever your stance is on it, I'm wondering what your approach is to thwarting, encouraging, or balancing rushes.

4. Cheaters. This is a pretty obvious concern. What I worry about though is that on Xbox Live people who use cheats or even use the games very own glitches never get enough attention to the point where action is taken. This is most likely due to the fact that so many people are sending messages. Does Reverie have a plan or an approach for this?

Thanks.