Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

NPC town attacks - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 AM

SadClown is just above average reputation
Default NPC town attacks

A little thought I've had while trying out both SP and MP modes, is about NPCs in the MP. This suggestion has probably been raised before, however Search didn't show up anything.

We've got missions to fight any of the races in PvE, either sieging them or fighting them in open space, but we don't have defensive missions. More than once I've found myself wishing a NPC army to attack -my- town, with -my- troops, -my- hero and -my- defenses. Just to try them out, or for fun. Yes, I know, PvP, but sometimes you don't find someone or he doesn't bring the kind of battle that you'd like (yeah I know how it sounds, but it's true). Some way to add variety to the quests and the crown-earning way could be something like this:

You get a quest, either from the advisor or a cound/lord/whatever NPC about an army closing in to assault you and your town. The lore could be revenge for all you've done, there are plenty of things. Said army pops up in X time, which you must use to gather your troops, get the peasants in the stronghold, or to go for a tea. Something like the SP campaign, with the cross showing where the enemy comes from, etc.

How the AI would work? Well, I thought it could do as it does in the SP- massive assault. Or it could go slowpoke. Or both.

The difficulty level? A 60 sized army, for example, could be more, could be less, could be growing from the beginning of the city 'till it gets like a real town.

What do you get? Crowns, the same amount that from a normal quest, perhaps a bit less since you don't need to get anywhere to do it, and the loot. Maybe money from the advisor? I don't know.

What happens if you get the quest, the enemy is coming and you aren't there? It could count as if you had paid off. Or the counter freezes when you log off.

Thoughts? I know it's a pretty green idea, but oh well, this is the suggestions forum.