Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Gears? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 03:43 AM

Partl has a default reputation
Default Gears?

I have been thinking lately, and imo, the game lacks a real reason to grind the hell out of it... now, while we do need some ressources to build up armies and stuff, its not that hard needed at all, once the eco is up, there is literally no reason, why i should grind the map, besides doing quests and stuff... leading me to

Gears:

Have u thougtht of looting weapons and armor yet? This would be a huge jump, since the grind makes ppl stay online for some longer, making it more likely to meet someone for PvP, making ppl stay online for even longer, and so on, and so on...

These gears shouldnt effect the Unit-stats too much, but should still be handy to have it. Just give em 3 or 4 different rarities, and variable stats increase (leaning on the stats, that can get improved while leveling).

This would be golden...
Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for your feedback, and I completely agree! We did plan to introduce unit/hero gear down the road, but I can`t promise this anytime soon, as we are concentrating on the Siegeworks expansion pack first, as well as other features - from magic to naval combat.

I`m hopeful though that with the surge in player population and sales we`ll be able to expand out studio again and work on several features simultaneously.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:07 AM

Partl has a default reputation

Thats great news... looking forward to ALL the improvements in the future. Gonna be awsome
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM

Xixixtle has a default reputation
Default Uhhhggg...

Please no, I don't wanna be running into armies of nothing but 60 heroes with their spears and magic helmets singing Wagners - Ride Of The Valkyries...

Formations, maneuvering, and tactics by rank and file troops should be the emphasis in an rts...

*Not thrilled that a hero can level really high, and slaughter battalion after battalion and walk away unscathed*

Last edited by Xixixtle : 10-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xixixtle View Post
Please no, I don't wanna be running into armies of nothing but 60 heroes with their spears and magic helmets singing Wagners - Ride Of The Valkyries...
A Hero could be limited to one or two per army, in that case, and some items could be made buyable with wealth from the market...