Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Still problems with selecting much units - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 AM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

Any news yet?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Sorry nothing yet - August is a relaxing month for programmers, I`ll keep you posted and send you e-mail update once there is a solution.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:10 AM

Okay. I hope there will be something done about it. Really want to play it but in that way there is no chance for me to make larger fights, quests etc.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Vind has a default reputation

Just to add Nimiria
Im having the same problems since i first installed the game, It lags everywhere even with all the graphics set to lowest quality (i sometimes get the feeling that even that the low quality is on that the graphics calculations are still going) and it gets worse the longer i play.

The problem runs since i was invited to beta; the game ran on XP now it is running on windows 7 and i have been able to instal the game on couple of computers since then always the same. Even the castle siege scenarios.

All the while other games work perfectly even on max graphics.

Last edited by Vind : 08-28-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Vind - my only guess is that your computer has a dual core CPU? Course othewise it should work well. Does the lag happen all the time, or as it was with Nimiria - only when you select lots of units?

Nimiria - our programer suggested you try the following:

-Try setting your windows resolution down, and see if that changes anything
-In the Windows Accessibility (or display setting) - there is an option to set Icons to small, large and medium - make sure it`a set to Medium
-If you have made changes to any settings in your video card control panel (NVIDIA Control Panel inside Windows Control Panel) - try defaulting the settings
-An last thing to try - get the latest driver for NVIDIA GeForce GTX, your driver is only 3 months old, but perhaps there is a newer one.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

I just checked the processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.60GHz
3GB Ram
RADEON HD 5770

you were right

lag is there all the time but gets worse the longer you play

Last edited by Vind : 08-29-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 AM

Vind,

If that`s the case (the longer you play the worst it gets) - you might want to increase your Virtual Memory. Just in case your not sure how - I`m including this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEJnub48ld0
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Thank you.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Vind - my only guess is that your computer has a dual core CPU? Course othewise it should work well. Does the lag happen all the time, or as it was with Nimiria - only when you select lots of units?

Nimiria - our programer suggested you try the following:

-Try setting your windows resolution down, and see if that changes anything
-In the Windows Accessibility (or display setting) - there is an option to set Icons to small, large and medium - make sure it`a set to Medium
-If you have made changes to any settings in your video card control panel (NVIDIA Control Panel inside Windows Control Panel) - try defaulting the settings
-An last thing to try - get the latest driver for NVIDIA GeForce GTX, your driver is only 3 months old, but perhaps there is a newer one.
Hey

1. - Had different resolution, since I had different monitors and graphic cards, gut the problem always was there.

2. Had that already, did not change anything.

3. I donīt think I made any changes.

4. I always have the latest driver

This kind of things helped in some other issues with that game, but not with that one here. It runs good, except when I select much troops. I really think it must be something in the game code, since I have absolutly no problems with any other games, even games, that need much morde hardware.