Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Do not put this game on steam! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM

wannos has a default reputation
Default Do not put this game on steam!

If you for some reason loose your net ! and steam applies an update before you can get online!!!! no steam games will run as the updater wants to update first rendering your games useless untill you have a valid internet subscription or connection!!!! do not put the game on steam! i will be one of the first people to stop playing your game in a heartbeat.

steam is crap!!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

i'm sure valve will work /w them...
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

lose one player because he doesnt have internet or gain hundreds more........

I dont really think this is a hard choice
Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Raulaun has good reputation

Steam would do wonders for this game! I do hate installing steam to my PC, so having both methods available for play would be great.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Steam requiring an internet connection and games to be updated is not really a valid argument against using them, at least as far as Dawn of Fantasy is concerned.

Dawn of Fantasy will require an internet connection with or without Steam as the main game mode is Online Kingdom which, as the name suggests, is played online.

Dawn of Fantasy currently runs from an updater as well, so all players have the same version of the game. If it didn't, then virtually all PvP battles would go out-of-sync.

And as Raulaun said, we would make both methods of playing Dawn of Fantasy available - so you could play it as you do now or through Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber12 View Post
gain hundreds more........
Hopefully more like thousands

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 08-16-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Actually the last point of Brian is the Main Importand one

Dawn of Fantasy CEO Konstantin already said months ago that even with DoF of Steam it would not be Steam enforced
After all Dawn of Fantasy made a Hard Step to gain Indepency

So whatever problems Steam and Steam Users Encounter it wont even matter to you because you as non Steam User wont have Steam to begin with and will those not even notice while launching the Game on your normal DoF Launcher

I for my Part dislike Steam as well
Tough I am reluctantly using it while running Firewalls in the Backround scanning anything that goes through my Network Adapter to make sure that I am in full Control of anything it Sends

However
for DoF Steam is an Incredibly Importand Step
DoF needs Users
Not only because this Game is based on PvP and those needs an extended Playerbase to make Battles available
but also because it needs an good way of Advertising

Greetz
Old 08-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the feedback guys, and for your concern. Let me easy your worries - while yes we are doing everything possible to get the game on steam ASAP, there will ALWAYS be a way to download and install game client without steam integration - similar to how games like Mount and Blade have it.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys, and for your concern. Let me easy your worries - while yes we are doing everything possible to get the game on steam ASAP, there will ALWAYS be a way to download and install game client without steam integration - similar to how games like Mount and Blade have it.
if you guys can ensure that !! it would be just great their is nothing more annoying than not being able to use any of the 20 odd games on steam when my isp decides to do some line maintenance which is more often than i can bare lol. and yea mount and blade is one of my fave games too! if that was an mmo rpg with the option to build player castles and cities it would be awesome. that was a subtle hint at the kind of game which isnt out yet. well their is mortal and darkfall but they are just not very good at all.

thanks for the feed back and you have put my mind at rest and possibly many others.

ps !!! might wanna approach impulse too as thats a little like steam! would be an additional great place to advertise your game more.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post
Actually the last point of Brian is the Main Importand one

Dawn of Fantasy CEO Konstantin already said months ago that even with DoF of Steam it would not be Steam enforced
After all Dawn of Fantasy made a Hard Step to gain Indepency

So whatever problems Steam and Steam Users Encounter it wont even matter to you because you as non Steam User wont have Steam to begin with and will those not even notice while launching the Game on your normal DoF Launcher

I for my Part dislike Steam as well
Tough I am reluctantly using it while running Firewalls in the Backround scanning anything that goes through my Network Adapter to make sure that I am in full Control of anything it Sends

However
for DoF Steam is an Incredibly Importand Step
DoF needs Users
Not only because this Game is based on PvP and those needs an extended Playerbase to make Battles available
but also because it needs an good way of Advertising

Greetz
thanx for the info matey! i certainly feel your pain with steam! ive had adverts installed on my machine all sorts! and you only find them when browsing the next hard part is locateing the directory to remove the software. it gets tedius. my filters are set relatively well but they still get through. curse you steam. my biggest concern has already been sorted though!! i think steam is just manopoliseing the market and making it difficult for new computer users to get into gaming!.

lol you buy a game !!! as a new user and have no idea how to use a pc ! installing a game isnt as straight forward for these people as we might think. most of them are used to consoles that require no effort or brain power! so a pc is daunting. they read everything out of fear of doing it wrong and takes them a while. then they finally press the install button!!! lol now they are faced with another challange!!! what the hell is a registration key and where the hell do i put it.. huh what the hell is this stupid web page thats popping up called steam!!! ??? panic mode as they have no idea whats going on. all they wanna do is play the game but now they have to register an account with steam and put their game code into this alien software they have never heard of before as it wont let them play with out it. in their minds they are probably thinking they are being hacked already! not a good introduction to pc gaming for a new pc user.

well thats my oppinion on steam any ways. i think it puts more people off than it attracts. only reason i have a steam account is because of half life and steam was simple and easy to use back then! now its just mental. and a massive sales pitchincredibly glitchy too and it uploads junk to your pc too.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 AM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

really? Steam doesn't make life harder for PC gamers or difficult for new gamers. You buy a game. you download it. Good luck finding "massive" sales from any other company.