Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A Beginner's Guide to Level Design - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Scenario Design and Modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hi OxyKnight - yes it is possible, although it would require some decent 3D Studio Max knowledge, and tiny bit of lua scripting.

If you are interested I can post our 3D Studio Max exporter script to allow exporting into the game .dmf and .dma (for animations) format.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

theinternetman has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
If you are interested I can post our 3D Studio Max exporter script to allow exporting into the game .dmf and .dma (for animations) format.
Very interested in this script, thank you. By any chance could you also provide information on importing dmf/dma files to 3dsmax? Thank you.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

That part is very complicated and requires our exporter tool and lots, lots fine-tuning.

If you are a good 3d aritst with good skills in 3d Max - I can provide in info, or you might as well consider landing us a helping hand in making new units (no time commitment)

Either way - let us know how good you are with this, and Mark A - our artist could post a tutorial.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

theinternetman has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
That part is very complicated and requires our exporter tool and lots, lots fine-tuning.

If you are a good 3d aritst with good skills in 3d Max - I can provide in info, or you might as well consider landing us a helping hand in making new units (no time commitment)

Either way - let us know how good you are with this, and Mark A - our artist could post a tutorial.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my query. I'd like to cancel the request as I don't want to waste your time. Though I have some experience messing with and creating some Warcraft 3 models and some projects in google sketchup I'm certainly not a good artist. If the process is complicated I am sure you have better things to do with your time than post a drawn out tutorial for just me. Perhaps when I am more experienced I will post some examples of completed work and a request for the tutorial. For now I have enough fun working on the UI, just trying to see if I can modify the position and size of elements at the moment, rather than textures only.

Last edited by theinternetman : 06-19-2013 at 11:52 AM.