Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

why no updates - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 PM

Wolfentir has a default reputation

I'll be happy to support you on Steam. Maybe post a topic on how we can do that and other ways we can help.

Cheers
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 AM

OxyKnight has a default reputation
Default Re

But would it be possible for us players to help? I mean we could invite friends to play, but would it be possible for players to add in-game content? Sortuff like a community contest.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:16 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

See, this is what I love about the Dawn of Fantasy community, everyone wants to help to make this the best game it can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfentir View Post
I'll be happy to support you on Steam. Maybe post a topic on how we can do that and other ways we can help.
Thanks for your support. Steam Greenlight is scheduled to begin late August. Closer to the date we'll be making forums posts to let people know about it so we'll be ready when it launches.

Once Steam Greenlight has begun, we'll get Dawn of Fantasy listed and we'll post in the forums and send out a newsletter asking everyone for their help with instructions on how to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxyKnight View Post
But would it be possible for us players to help? I mean we could invite friends to play, but would it be possible for players to add in-game content? Sortuff like a community contest.
I'd love to see some user created content. Before joining Reverie I used to design custom scenarios for Age of Mythology as a hobby and I know some of the other devs made scenarios for Age of Kings amongst other games. It would be great for Dawn of Fantasy to build the same kind of scenario design and modding community.

Dawn of Fantasy comes with a powerful, yet easy to use scenario editor. I think you are right, if we can get enough people interested we should have a contest to get people to design a new town to siege or a new quest to complete perhaps with the winning scenarios added into the online game world.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 AM

Shocker has a default reputation

awesome!if this game actually goes on steam then it will be the game we dreamed of: full of people fun and competition!i simply cant wait
Also, steam already has a program like that so if it could be possible and u would agree with it, we could use that one (Steam Workshop)

Last edited by Shocker : 07-24-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

But Steam workshop is only for the modding community isn't it?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:44 PM

OxyKnight has a default reputation
Default Re

I have created one scenario and its only halfway done, but is there anyway to share it? I'd like to get an opinion on how I should improve etc.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

You can always Zip your .dofscn scenario file and post it on the forums (using attachment manager)
Old 07-24-2012, 09:01 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

hmmm create your own scenarios.... I need undead models
Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Finally got update on the Steam situation. Our 'soon to be announced' new partner has a contact at Steam and I finally got a reply.
As trivial as it might sound - Steam won`t accept DoF as our Metacritic score is not only bad, but we don`t actually have enough reviews for an official score... http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dawn-of-fantasy. And Steam will not deal with Indie PC games without a proper Metacritic score at least with 60% rating.
Right now we have 3 reviews there - all with 50%+ rating - and fairly so - these reviews date to October/November - as Dawn of Fantasy was in a really messy state back then (thanks 505).
So now we actually have a contact to get us on Steam without Greenlight, BUT - we would need to get a proper review, or two, or three first. And while there had been some really positive DoF reviews, we need someone from Metacritic official list to review the title...

https://metacritic.custhelp.com/app/...9DOFVxQkczaw==

Would someone reading this know someone who works at any of these reviewers?

Heh - the headaches I have to deal with
Old 07-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

Well thats a pretty crazy position to be in, the best thing i would suggest is to get in contact with giantbomb/gamespot/IGN/1UP/ and PC Gamer mag to get your reviews up, I dont know how to go about that but im sure you do konst.

Those to me are the big hitters for reviews and meta scores that are fair and balanced, i know gamespot i believe reviewed DOF awhile back, but im sure you could probably get it re-reviewed considering the massive changes that have been made since DOF's release.. At least now you know, and we all know what the issue is, now you can at least work on getting the issue fixed so we can all enjoy our DOF on steam, which is probably going to be a massive promotion for you guys as well soon as you can get on there.