Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

File updater - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2012, 02:20 PM

doguso has a default reputation
Default File updater

I've been trying to update DoF for a few hours now. I have not had a chance to play DoF at all (even in beta) so this is a fresh install. The updater was originally freezing at 6 files to download but after repairing my net.framework, deleting the temp files and restarting my comp, it's now stuck at 1 file. I tried deleting my temp files/restarting and admin launching from the game.exe, updater.exe and updaterupdate_new.exe, all leading to the same problem at the same spot.

What's different with this compared to 6 files is that, the updater starts to download the 1 file, goes to validate and what not, returns to downloading the file, after about 10 seconds, it returns to the validate process, then comes back to the file download and freezes. The updater window itself is fine (Until I try to close it, then it stops responding) but the file will not budge (also the downloader speed isn't sporadically changing like the rest of the process). My firewalls are off so it shouldn't be being blocked.

Edit: Nevermind.. it started working randomly..

Last edited by doguso : 06-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.