Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Extreme Amount of Lag - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 PM

borres12 has a default reputation

Tried lowering my resolution....main menu doesnt lag, but when I select my castle in Kingdom Wars, it lags alot, and it still lags alot in game still
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 AM

Silkjc has a default reputation

Yes, I found reducing graphics settings didn't seem to help at all. The game runs perfectly smooth for a few mins, then lags like crap for a few mins, then back to smooth and so on...
Amount of units selected, how much is on screen, etc. doesn't seem to change it.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 AM

Ereter has a default reputation

Have such a problem. Lags - when too many objects, or when choose a pack of soldiers. Or without any reason )

WinXP SP2 x32
CPU - Pentium dual core 2.93
2 Gb memory
Nvidia geforce 210

Screen resol. - 1280x1024

Also want to ask you, maybe i can make some changes in GraphicsCaps.txt? Will it helps in lags-problem?
Old 05-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

The problem is the Windows XP - there is a major performance problem with XP that we never got around to fixing (As only small number of players uses Win XP). Sorry, we will get around to fixing that eventually - but might take us a while.
Performance might improve for you in a week once we release pathfinding patch.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:44 PM

What OS is need? 7, Vista? Gentoo, maybe? )

Константин, можно в личку чуть подробнее относительно проблемы с XP? Что с чем там плохо работает?
Может быть, операционку получится облегчить тем или иным способом. Все-таки, это актуальная проблема - малое число игроков на XP может быть следствием именно того, что игра на ней не работает как следует. Скажем, в России эта ОС весьма распространена.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:25 AM

ki adi mundi has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno Montonen View Post
Setting the resolution depens on your windows version. On Windows 7 you can set it by right clicking empty space on your desktop and selecting "Screen resolution" and then just selecting something lower on the Resolution drop down and clicking Apply. Try selecting something around ".... x 1000" for example.

On earlier versions of Windows I think there's no "Screen resolution" option, but just "Properties" when right clicking on the desktop. You should then be able to find the resolution settings somewhere in the window that opens.

Don't use the compatibility thing.
this was very helpfull thankyou
Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Ereter - bug s DoF na XP nevozmono ispravit` samomu. And either Vista or 7 is good.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Not good Это лучшая стратегическая онлайн-игра из всех существующих - она должна идти на всех популярных ОС. So i`ll try Win7.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Vind has a default reputation

Im expiriencing the same problems as people above, now that doesn't seem to be an issue when playing in my city (building, recruiting) but when there are battles included it usually finishes before i had my say in them, and if im lucky i win if not i need new army.

Since most of the game so far has involved questing that is OK.

I have Win 7 (no SP1)
Ati Radeon HD 5777 1GB
3 GB ddr
AMD dual procesor 2.6 GHz

From what i was able to see it is same as recommended configuration on the post.

I even turned all video options to low, no shadows and nothing was ticked in check-boxes, there was no improvement it is the same as when everything is set up on medium of high.

Now I've played Whicher with no problems, TERA (mmo) is running normally without lag. Resolution is "normal" as I don't have big screen. I even tried the lowest resolution possible to see if there was a difference. Nothing seems to help...

Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:52 PM

roofus2652 has a default reputation
Default only a few people use XP?

Did a developer really just say that few players use windows XP??? And this game is to go to steam?

Is this a joke? We MAY eventually get around to it?!?!?

How bout in sys requirements make sure you tell people that the game doesnt work with a 32 bit OS thats a pretty big deal......

If so few people use xp explain why when you look up this game in google this is one of the top links to a thread.....

Also havent heard any news on getting to steam, hows that going?