Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

castle - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

youre army needs 2 min's of walking to get from youre castle to the other castle and 1 min of running... thats sounds like a big map for me ^^.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:21 PM

supagu has a default reputation

we we talking in the MMO world or the skirmish mode?
I'd be nice to have the option there incase there were some maps big enough, which might not be feasible when the game is released (due to poor fps say) but maybe in 5 years when you go to play this game again and find some super massive maps

Always good to have some future proofing in games

*cough* more than the standard 8 players in multiplayer LAN games please (16 would be awsome) *cough*
Old 06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

I want super massive maps... One with over 4 billion cities!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Castles are preset anyway, only the buildings inside can be built. So unless you propose some buildplot kind of expansion which builds the foundations, I see no viable route to achieving this.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:27 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Castles are preset anyway, only the buildings inside can be built. So unless you propose some buildplot kind of expansion which builds the foundations, I see no viable route to achieving this.
ah well its probably for the best that castle's are preplot otherwise you would just get yourself in a great position watch youre enemy batter himself death on your walls and then go finish him.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving View Post
ah well its probably for the best that castle's are preplot otherwise you would just get yourself in a great position watch youre enemy batter himself death on your walls and then go finish him.
Well what i've seen of the castle design's it looks like the "Wall building AI"
uses terrain very effective. So u would probably get a better wall lay-out with the AI then building it yourself

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 06-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankein_fish View Post
Well what i've seen of the castle design's it looks like the "Wall building AI"
uses terrain very effective. So u would probably get a better wall lay-out with the AI then building it yourself
Stop referring me to "AI" I have feelings you know. Agreed I may be intelligent but I am not artificial!

This horse is going to kick me off isn't he? Lol.

Yea as I've said before having the player build his own castle design would look very unrealistic in just about every case. BFME2 strongholds. (Shivers and shaking in disappointment)

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 06-11-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

I still feel as if there is a rather, perfectionist, "afraid of nooblets" outlook you guys have, you seem to be very untrusting in our capabilities :P.

Like with walls, whats the big deal? Sure in the MMO side preplot is a great idea for making sure there isn't ridiculous levels of wall or building spam. But for offline skirmish or campaign...you not going to give us just a little bit of freedom? Go on! lol.

Anyways, last I heard maps can and will be massive, not to mention the MMO world map, that certainly look huge! Especially if its seamless and streaming
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

Tyranick, if you enjoyed BFME1, this will be at least 10 times better.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:22 PM

Khyron has a default reputation

Two castles on a a single map with a single controller. This concept could be very beneficial to these who know how to use it but for the less tactical and economic crowed would result in overwhelming them. Heck i remember playing star craft and getting overwhelmed after the 3rd or 4th forward/resource base. "Our base is under attack" oh ya which one. For DoF MMO part with the longer build times means splitting military forces to defend two bases and you are draining your resources faster with two building construction ques. Once you get both bases established you production or troops is double your opponents, it might balance out but the player with 2 bases will gain the advantage over the player with one base or one remaining base(if there 2nd castle was destroyed).