Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Question before purchase - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 PM

StormrbingerGT has a default reputation
Default Question before purchase

Hello I got a quick question before I decide to buy this.

I've played mmos but the mmo part tends to drive me away. I don't have the time the average mmo player has to really sink in and stay competitive or cooperative. I get to log in for a solid chunk maybe once a week. It depends on my schedule.

I don't mind having to play online, but what I'm wondering is how much single player content there is for me to play with. How much to I have to rely on other people to help get me through the game, or to fight against?

I solo'd almost all of The old Republic before I canceled my subscription, I didn't touch the raids or flash-points or stuff like that that required a group to play, but I did see a fair chunk of the content from what I was able to do myself, can I have a similar experience here or is it mostly pvp?

Thanks for any help and comments!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:39 PM

blonde has a default reputation

although this is kinda an mmo (not in the same sense as swtor though) u dont actually have to do anything with any1 else

u can play completely single player if u like or u can play the online version and u can decline pvp if some1 should challenge u... there's computer controlled towns and quests etc in both versions

----

swtor was a very single player mmo though wasnt it? they should have just made a kotor3
Old 05-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

You have a good quest line with 3 races with separate quests that sort of meet somewhere in the big picture, then you have the repetitive quests what are the pve battles, you can just quick battle anywhere on map just by pressing the zoom button or you can attack alone or wit friends large NPC towns. And like blonde said you can pvp when "invited" or you can decline any "invite" without having much to loose, except for some resources in the favor of the attacker. All in all it is a game that not necessarily needs your 24 hour attention and it dose keep a good balance between hardcore and casual gamers. My opinion is that you should buy the game.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 AM

Ghost will become famous soon enough

This game is very low time investment if you want it to be. You can pop in, have a 20 minute NPC battle and log off if you want.

That being said, Online Kingdom will get a bit repetitive if you're not interacting with other players. I hear Kingdom Wars is a good single player mode, but the main appeal of the game for me has always been Online Kingdom.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:59 PM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

The main problem for me with this game is a complete lack of customization, unless you are an orc of course. Just annoys the crap out of me that I look the same, and my town is exactly the same (for the most part) of every other person in my race.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:59 AM

Wolfentir has a default reputation

Yeah, they should really introduce customisation options. It would be so cool if you could design your own castles.
Lets say all players get the same amount of stone to build walls, but you can choose where to actually put walls and in which way.

This is one thing that this game needs and it would make it perferct. An ability to design and build your own castles.

I wonder if that would be possible?