Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PvP Deterrent? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 01:58 AM

Rudedawg has a default reputation

Reading this thread is giving me second thoughts about even trying the game.

The Dev's need to find a balance - yes I want a challenge, but I also want to feel powerful and not completely "gutted" if I lose a battle and lose all my troops.

I also do not want a part time job to have to replace troops.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Elven Sect:
Warden

nuno77 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedawg View Post
Reading this thread is giving me second thoughts about even trying the game.

The Dev's need to find a balance - yes I want a challenge, but I also want to feel powerful and not completely "gutted" if I lose a battle and lose all my troops.

I also do not want a part time job to have to replace troops.
try the game, then you will realize your concerns don't make sense as your basing your views on it upon knee jerk reactions of newbies like myself.

there are already systems in place to insure balance, there are AOE heals and self heals to keep your units alive if you know what your doing, and replacing/training units is the END GAME of this game since once you build your city there is nothing else to spend resources on.

and no one is forcing anyone to pvp, you can turtle as much in this game as you want to, taking your time to level up as many units and armies (if my memory serves me right, the limit is 7 x 60 cap armies plus 90 cap in the capital) as you feel like it before risking them in a pvp match.

Last edited by nuno77 : 05-06-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I`ll second that...

I didn`t reply in this post before, as anyone who played DoF for more than a day would know how PvP works, and that all of these "new player" fears about PvP don`t have any merit.

Just to include a few facts to counter what you might have read in this post:

-After start-up period (2 hours of play) player will have between 8 and 12 military units

-At any point before or during PvP match - player can surrender without loosing any units, or only loosing what he lost so far

-If even 1 unit in battalion of 20 is alive, player can heal that battalion - for free

-PvP system ONLY allows armies of the same strength or weaker to attack you

-Dragons are immortal until level 8, so even if your started Dragon dies, it resurrects.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Ghost will become famous soon enough

PvP is incredibly low risk in this game. I arranged a PvP (note I said arranged as it's incredibly rare that anyone actually attacks you out of the blue, which is actually a complaint of mine but that's off topic) lost the battle and had my whole town and army torched.

Within an hour and a half, I had rebuilt a good sized army and repaired about 75-80% of the buildings in my town before I logged off. The next time I logged on, after a half hour of repairing and building units, it was like I was never attacked. If anything I would like to see higher consequences of losing PvP, but I understand I'm in the minority there.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

If you guys remember the beggining of the post I also said that (PvP is low risk) and indeed, Rudedawg, its true that you can rise up your army faster, and as nuno77 said that is all what you have to do with your resources when you finished build up... And maybe that is why I think we could have a ressurection building, but that wasnt the point.

When we think about pvp and rising an army indeed there is no much looses. But what OrlandoKev was complainning about is when you level an unit before level 10 and loose it, also he was thinking more about PvE not PvP. I said that if we had a harder AI/Quests/Mobs we should have a system that allows us to revive dead units, since in most singles we can re-load the game and start over, and here we cant and we would loose our high level troops. But I also think that this should be very expensive and only allowed once per squad. But honestly I didnt find dificulty doing PvE and dont think it is in my concern list, just a thought.

nuno77 you said we can have 7 armies right? Why I can have only 6 =/

@Rudedwag, I have to be honest with you: you will find some issues and bugs in the game, still I can have fun playing it if I find an opponent. You have to think what are you looking for on it. This game can have some bugs and lack of some content, but its siege system is really fun, staff are very competent fixing the game and they dont stop improving it and comunity is very friendly, so far the friendliest comunity that I have ever found in a game. Its pretty enjoyable playing it when you have someone to play with you.

Last edited by aramsm : 05-08-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsm View Post
if I find an opponent.
Once we are done properly polishing the game, and ready to market it this summer - PvP should become more of a daily thing. DoF was always meant to be persistent PvP game.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

system is perfect like is

when i bring my level 10+ troops in pvp, i risk a lot. if i am going to lose them i am forced to give you win. just for not lose such troops delivering to you 10-15k resource.

system is slow, sure. but otherwise pvp become a meaningless spam of units lev 5.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Zekarde has a default reputation

I could see people not realizing it, but you can flee the battle at any time; though you might have to pay them off. Ultimately you can choose to throw your army at someone you know you can't beat and break apart in the wind, or let it go and keep your men alive. Many times if people with dragons are about to lose one, even if they are set to win the battle they will surrender rather than have it die.

I have also paid off enemy forces a number of times when I was not at all prepared to fight even though I might have won some of them, ultimately its just another tool you can use to defend yourself.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Mordeth_kai has a default reputation

Honestly, if it means more people queing doing pvp I'm all for allowing units to revive, it would also give ppl a reason to lvl units past 5 for pvp.

For heros and dragons, might I suggest limiting the purchase of them to 1 per town ( 1 of each dragon, 1 of each hero, etc.) and simply allow them to be revived at a gold fee, maybe a small wealth fee in addition to gold for hero's and dragons. For myself I have no desire to blow money on something I'll just lose, but if they were permanent I would be much more interested in having them in each town.

As for the argument of it reducing the challenge, it depends on which challenge you refer. The actual challenge of pvp battles would not be hindered by this, but the over all challenge of the game itself would be in the sense that you would have to grind out those lvl's again, but how many people bother lvling troops beyond 5 before doing pvp? Probably only the 1st one or 2 match's. I will definitely concede the point of satisfaction from knowing you caused real damage to someone, especially if they lost a highly lvl's dragon or hero that they payed real money for, or the hunter dragon that you only get once, but that's because I'm a sadist, not sure if sadism is conducive to this game tho.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 PM

crystalmage1234 has a default reputation

as far as the ressurection issue is concerned. If they do allow for resurection at a later date. I would make it a feature available threw the market. So it costs wealth/influence. So it's the kinda thing you can save up your points for in an emergency if you lose a unit you really don't want to or some people will whip out their wallets to buy back their favorite units which from a developer stand point could add extra revenue. This game is after all a for profit venture not a charity. If they do go that route. After each battle it should show which units died and give the option to ressurect them. Wealth price may vary based upon the strength of the unit and if they don't have enough wealth/influence they should have the option to buy more wealth/influence on the spot.