Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Patch # 1.2.3 - Better, Faster, Stronger - Part I! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Exclamation Patch # 1.2.3 - Better, Faster, Stronger - Part I!

Quote:
After a brief delay - we are happy to release the new 1.2.3 Patch making the game run much better and load much faster. This patch is part of our commitment to fix all the performance issues with the game this month. We expect to follow up with another major performance increasing patch with-in a week - introducing social features update, as well as first pathfinding updates and loading progress bars. We invite you to try the game and let us know how much/little performance improved for you. See you on the battlefield (lag free hopefully)!
Patch is Live

Patch # 1.2.3

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Visual and CPU performance increased between 25% and 40% depending on system specs
-Decreased load times between 30% to 40% depending on the level
-Decreased load times when switching between homeland and other levels by 70-90%
-Cut the visual memory and RAM usage by 40%

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Better text rendering makes some menus easier to read
-Downside - towns lost region specific building textures
Old 04-24-2012, 01:45 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Please note - we are aware of the issue with white text sometimes become black and will fix this by tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:04 PM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

After patching the game crashed 2 times. First time when I started it after the cloud/sky sequence.

Second when I was ingame and selected much troops at once. The voice of the troops had a loop and then the game crashed (.... and has to be closed; standart windows error message).
Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM

Derus01 has a default reputation

Same Here please Fix it THX
Old 04-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Commander has fair reputation

Omg , I don't know what you did in that game update , but my dwarven squads has begun to cloning . I've got 2 new dwarven squads , which I have not bought . Some structures has disappeared . Every time I enter my city , it walls and houses started to change it colors . Wtf have you done ?

Quote:
with white text sometimes become black .
No . It's red text become white !

Developers, I'm scared of you . Plz, don't make new patch for the game , if you don't know what you doing .

Last edited by Commander : 04-24-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

First I did a small pvp match, around 300+ army strenght with 38+- units and was smooth for me, although not lag free. Then I tried to siege makkada with OrlandoKev and was the same: laggy. I tried to siege Darssen with somageth and laggy too and that was a small city. I didnt try view mode or pve.

I didnt notice any load screen improvement. Makkada take long to load and when I tried to siege OrlandoKev city we got stucked and had to restart the game.

I also got some FPS drop when selecting more troops.

I know that lag that cause fps drop is related to performance and computer specs, but in some cases this lag looks to me caused due to latency or internet connection. I dont understand too much about programing but someone told me that the game works with peer-to-peer connection. I dont know what this means exactly but have you ever considering to host the game in a server?

Im not sure how fine this patch worked but Im sure that its still bad for some ppl. Hope you guys can fix the lag forever ;*

Oh, my specc btw: 4gb ram, i5, gtx 460, windows 7 64-bit

PS: I noticed that lag on PvE (I mean view mode) really got improved.

Last edited by aramsm : 04-24-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Thanks for your report guys, this is fixed now.