Play the MMO style game Single Player - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 AM

Traciatim has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
they spend 6 hours working i spend 6 hours getting 500 influence from PVP

now if you would stop trying to be trouble what is being said is that its not pay2win and in no way will it become pay to win
Lol, trying to 'cause trouble' by calling a game where you can buy armies and resources with real cash a pay to win game. I'll have to remember that the next time I play a board game with the kids, maybe if I just send Hasbro 5 bucks I can start all my properties with hotels . . . since that's not pay to win since everyone can do it and they can just do the same thing in game with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha1993 View Post
small Tip: while you don't have your walls finished, you can't be attacked from other players. take it to your advantage.
Interesting tip, can you just play the full rest of the game without walls then and count that as a non-PVP flag? Maybe teh game could actually be fun instead of a pay to win PVP slaughter.

Last edited by Traciatim : 03-21-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Something to keep in mind here: you can only be attacked by people with the same army strength as you. Of course, they could still have a much bigger army than you (like the orcs; they have huge armies, but they need them to make up for their weak troops).

As for this being a pay to win game... I'm sure some people spend plenty of money on this game, and they can get big armies and tons of resources out of it. But you can only be attacked by people with the same strength as you, so you would never have to worry about them.

And, like knight said, it's just as easy to get influence from actually playing the game as it is paying money. In the end, I would never buy influence in this game, because it's really just a waste of money.

A good idea might be to start a new city. That way, you take things slower; and if you want, you could not build walls, so no one could attack you. But then you would miss out on all the fun of pvp.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:11 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
Something to keep in mind here: you can only be attacked by people with the same army strength as you. Of course, they could still have a much bigger army than you (like the orcs; they have huge armies, but they need them to make up for their weak troops).

As for this being a pay to win game... I'm sure some people spend plenty of money on this game, and they can get big armies and tons of resources out of it. But you can only be attacked by people with the same strength as you, so you would never have to worry about them.

And, like knight said, it's just as easy to get influence from actually playing the game as it is paying money. In the end, I would never buy influence in this game, because it's really just a waste of money.

A good idea might be to start a new city. That way, you take things slower; and if you want, you could not build walls, so no one could attack you. But then you would miss out on all the fun of pvp.
This^

Army points make impossible to be "ganked" in this game, so if you got a bigger or stronger army you cant actually kill smaller and weakness armies, like you said happened to you. Also, this is not like an MMORPG when you control one character and then come someone behind you and kill you suddenly, when pvp start is a slow process: loading screen etc, wich makes it impossible to be a surprise.

Seriously, did you really play online or you just complainning with even havent played it? Sorry but the description you gave is just weird, doesnt fit to the online game mechanic.

Last edited by aramsm : 03-22-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:25 PM

Traciatim has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsm View Post
This^

Army points make impossible to be "ganked" in this game, so if you got a bigger or stronger army you cant actually kill smaller and weakness armies, like you said happened to you. Also, this is not like an MMORPG when you control one character and then come someone behind you and kill you suddenly, when pvp start is a slow process: loading screen etc, wich makes it impossible to be a surprise.

Seriously, did you really play online or you just complainning with even havent played it? Sorry but the description you gave is just weird, doesnt fit to the online game mechanic.
It probably wans't exactly twice the size, it was by far larger. It had archers so was the same race as me, it also seems to be far mor powerful (as in if my arches shot his archers 1-2 of his would die and all of mine would.

Yeah, I was talking to the NPC guy about being attacked so I thought "Alright, time to focus on army then" and I clicked off the screen, and the very next screen was the "You're under attack" thing where you can pay off or leave. It happend so fast that I figured it was like the quests and some little NPC army would come through.

He literally lost like 15 units (not armies) the whole match, by the time I was down to the point that my whole town was one fire I just logged out and left. I've only been back in to check what you can buy to pay to win to be sure I'm being fairly accurate here. Plus, since he had fire arrows he had upgraded armies, and I didn't yet at all... so saying it can't match make more powerful armies with lesser ones is completely and utterly false. It was larger, and upgraded compared to mine.

Last edited by Traciatim : 03-23-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
He literally lost like 15 units (not armies) the whole match, by the time I was down to the point that my whole town was one fire I just logged out and left. I've only been back in to check what you can buy to pay to win to be sure I'm being fairly accurate here. Plus, since he had fire arrows he had upgraded armies, and I didn't yet at all... so saying it can't match make more powerful armies with lesser ones is completely and utterly false. It was larger, and upgraded compared to mine.
Well, it could always be a bug. And usually, you don't get attacked that often (sometimes you can go for hours without anyone attacking, or at least you could before more people showed up). Just bad luck that you got attacked after the first 5 seconds.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

There is always a way to exit PvP battle - and Surrender at any point - paying out small penalties - if you see that the enemy is stronger - you just Surrender this battle.

AND - I can confirm it was a bug that effected you, just found the bug that makes town match up against stronger opponents, fixing it in this patch.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:55 AM

rubyann has a default reputation

i agree i feel its no different then other play to win games, its just wrapped up in a different package.Morons out there pay for money for the boost deals and build them selves up and find the loopholes in pvp and build an army up till they know all they have to do is go around ramdom style
bumping into beginners that just end up one way or another handing over the win.One guy had hardly any troops at all but he had a dragon. Nothing much i could do about that excpet watch it kill everything. another guy just killed everything i had with just a couple archers one shotting each of my troops.and i love " oh if you dont want pvp just go buy the protection"
Old 12-10-2014, 05:27 PM
DoF Moderator
Beastrider

ReCoder has a default reputation

Rubyann in the future please don't bump old posts (the last post on this was in 2012!), but if you have concerns about the game we would love to hear them. Either email us or put a post up in the suggestions forum and we'll take a look!

Signature made by yours truly but inspired by the art of Aametherar the orc. Taking requests for sigs, PM me.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________