Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Advertising Dawn of Fantasy - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 AM

Silkjc has a default reputation
Lightbulb Advertising Dawn of Fantasy

Hi Reverie.
I have a simple suggestion...This game needs to be advertised more.
I came from another castle building MMO, one where the developers are completely ignoring players and there is much player angst.
There are many people out there looking for this style of game, I have been for several years! Yet DOF was surprisingly hard to find, I only ran into it with a fluke google random click, I'd done searched for MMO style castle builders before in the past and this did NOT come up.

This needs to be fixed. You have a great product, sell it!
Improving the MMO aspects after bugs should be the number one priority, once alliances are you will have entire communities moving to the game as groups, abandoning ship off another game i'll not mention here

For players:
Talk about this game, everywhere. Tell your friends, tell their parents. Every new person is more money to go back into the game!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

It is a shame, we simply do not have enough money to do such ads like COD MW3 has, with every second youtube video playing a CODMW3 ad I'm sure they spent 2 or 3 times more on publishing the game than actual game development.

Any help is greatly appreciated, youtube videos are very muchso welcome. I actually want to see a youtube dof video challenge, where if you make a DOF related video and it hits various amount of views then you win rewards ingame maybe special units etc.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hopefully we will be able to spend a bit more on advertising in April, and yes - it`s surprising at how little people know about Dawn of Fantasy. To be honest we didn`t mind low profile in the past - as we needed a few months to polish the game and add some extra features. With pathfinding update on the way - which opens way for us to finish Alliances and 6 players PvP system - we should be in a good place to start "stealing" players from other 2d MMORTS games.

But for now we have to rely on you - our players to spread the word.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Main Problem is still that theres no Trial Period stuff

I relayed the Game to Several of my Working Pals as well as to my Clan and even in other Games Forums

But the main Response is that People dont want to Spend Money without seeing the Game First
Nearly no one will readily pay before actually knowing that they like it
And since its only single People recommending it
its not really enough to bridge that Gap

theres really need for something like 1 week trial keys or something in that direction
Its an incredible different thing if I tell people they need to Buy the Game for playing or if I can offer em a Trial Key to jump in the Game

Alone in my Clan I have 3 guys interested in the Game itself but not going for it since they dont want to buy it before knowing if they will actually play it for a while

Keep that in Mind pls
I know you want to make everything look good before you allow Guests into the House
but this also means that others will not Join the Game and eventually forget it after short time

I still remember my early days
I would not buy anything I didnt test first and thus I often missed out on Games
I found some of them years later and other I.ll most likely never see again
this often happens
You find a Game on some Page looking around for Games like that
you read the description and think
Oh Cool nice Game should test it
Oh too bad cant test it no trial you have to buy before you can play
well then Goodbye .....

I wouldnt be surprised if the number of people who actually saw the game and just didnt join due to the fact they could not test
is already in the thousands

Greetz
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Yeah we are considering releasing a singleplayer only limited demo (castle defend and lay siege), or doing a trial (few hours) for the Online Kingdom with-in a month.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Blazier has a default reputation

A 7-day trial (well most trials Ive seen go for 14 days) would go down better then a few hours trial, a few hours does not seem like long enough to truly experience the game.
maybe limit it somehow so they pay to get unlimited time and unlock the rest of the features?

-Blaz
Old 03-05-2012, 12:46 AM

Silkjc has a default reputation

May I also suggest getting dof added to steam; once the kinks are ironed out. This will pull in many new playe
rs. Please leaves standalone functionality though, I personally hate steam ;p
Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 AM

GamersHeroes has a default reputation

I can see a few ways you guys can generate more interest in your game

You're already giving out keys etc for Influence points, but to players not aware of the game, these aren't much use. Why not give out 1000 keys that allow for a short intro of the game?

Another way is to get other websites to review your game, I work for an MMO directory and would be happy to add this to their listings, do you guys offer any kind of affiliate scheme? Offering say %5 if someone buys the game after coming from their website, or something along those lines. I also have my own gaming website, gamersheroes.com We don't have huge traffic, we've had 6 million views since we launched in October 2010 but I'd be happy to write a review up on there once I've played some more of the game.

Another thing is optimizing the homepage for SEO as at the moment, you don't have H1/H2 tags or a meta description. You guys already rank well for things like "Fantasy MMORTS" but branching out to other keywords may help.

I've been playing a few days, the game has its obvious issues but it's got a lot going for it. I've played over 80 browser-based RTS games (not by choice, for work ), which is the main revenue for RTS games atm, and Dawn of Fantasy (although client based) is in another league altogether. Nothing worse than seeing a great game attract less attention than it deserves
Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM

xeopherith has a default reputation

I made an account just to reply to this post.

Steam Greenlight is the free advertising source that brought me to look up more about this game. I thought it looks like it has some cool concepts but I looked around for youtube videos or a game demo and the youtube videos weren't very flattering and there isn't a game demo.

I +1 the idea of allowing a 7 day trial of the game. The company would see sales increase just simply because more of an audience can actually be exposed to the game. On top of actually being able to try the game it really makes it look like your standing behind your product because your willing to let people experience the game and make the decision to purchase. It's not the best comparison but I once bought a star wars collectable online and was sent just the box to the collectable item. I was able to get my money back because it was obviously not what I had intended on purchasing but with video games there usually is a no refund policy...

I really want to try this game out but I'm not willing to just dump 25 bucks into a game that has had so few reviews (and mostly poor ratings due to technical glitches). That statement might seem insulting but it's really just because I don't want to pay $25 to decide if I want to play the game or not.

I voted yes for the game to be sold on steam and I would be happy paying $25 for the game as long as I enjoy it.

Last edited by xeopherith : 10-20-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
... or doing a trial (few hours) for the Online Kingdom ...
This sounds better as the newcomer can directly interact with other players and see how the castle building works out.