Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Level system for DOF - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

grumil has fair reputation
Default Level system for DOF

The idea is to create a level system to add more competition to the game:

Levels: Elves-Humans-Orcs

1. Decurion – Sergeant - Explorer
2. Optio – Ensign - Marauder
3. Centurion – Captain - Hunter
4. Primus Pilus – General - Heads Hunter
5. Legatus – Baron - Blood Warrior
6. Questor – Count – Warg Raider
7. Aedil – Marquis – Impaler
8. Pretor – Duke – Warriors Lord
9. Consul – Prince – Wargs Lord
10. Dictator – King – Khan
11. Imperator – Emperor – Il-Khaan

I take the ranks (more or less) from roman military and Cursus Honorum ranks for elves and medieval military and nobility ranks for humans. For the Orcs, I thought to take the Mongols ranks, but they aren´t familiar to me, and probably most players, and invented “savage ranks” but I think this ranks could be improved.

The system works like another games, the players win battles or do quests, gain prestige, basically, in the same way that gain wealth (a bit different but explain later). That is the basic way, but this way has a problem, when a player reachs the highest level, the interest of the game could decrease. So I propose some changes:

The first 8 level can be reached just gaining prestige.

But the last 3 levels work different:

9 level: only (more or less) 10% of the players could be Consul – Prince or Wargs Lord, the 10% players of each race that have more prestige. And this is not permanent level, a player can lost the 9 level if he/she is not in the 10% of higher prestige players. If a duke gains more prestige than a prince, the duke advances to prince and the prince falls to duke.

10 level: there are only 3 dictators – kings - Khans for each race, 1 for each reign that is the player of this region with more prestige (except the level 11 player) (Dictator of Taltos, Dictator of Belforesl… King of Southmont, of The Wold, etc…) and the level 10 could be gained/losted the same level 9.

11 level: there is only 1 level 11 player for each race, the player with more prestige, and the same like 9 and 10 levels to gain/lost this level.

At last, to reward the low level players, if there are 3 or more levels, if the low level player wins the battle, collects the double of wealth and prestige. And four times if the different is 6 or more levels.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

This is really funny!!! We had an extremely similar system planned all along and maybe 2 weeks away from adding it to the Profile Window in-game Although the titles are a bit different

Overall this is a great suggestion, and I`ll see if we we can work in the part about last few levels only attainable by special means.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

what's that? Storm troopers are being added? yay
Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

storm troopers, the white armored guys from starwars =D....jk
Old 03-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
what's that? Storm troopers are being added? yay
Well, it least he's past undead.

Anyway, this is a really cool idea. Except, I'd personally prefer not just roman titles for the elves (maybe something middle eastern?)