Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

DoF CD Key Help - All the information you need. - Page 20 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Dragonthil, unfortunately the keys in the boxed version were printed incorrectly, luckily the solution is simple - read through this and it should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
1) For these who purchased DVD boxed copy of the game
We have to apologize as there was a minor problem down the manufacturing chain, and the first 10,000 boxes got printed with CD key displayed in the wrong format. However - this is a minor issue, and it`s really easy to install the game.

The CD key you get with the Dawn of Fantasy DVD Box copy is in 6-5-5-5-4 format
For example: 123456-12345-12345-12345-1234

However, for the installer you need to enter your key in 5-5-5-5-5 format. Basically you are just switching - characters
12345-61234-51234-51234-51234

We suggest writing down your key on paper in this new format to make it easier to enter. Once you are done reenter it on the installer screen

Here`s a picture:

If you have any further trouble with your CD key then go through the steps outlined here
Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM

AvengerUK has a default reputation

Sent PM - My cd-key gives a "The time period for this CD Key is over" error.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM

virus1824 has a default reputation

Quote:
1) For these who purchased DVD boxed copy of the game
We have to apologize as there was a minor problem down the manufacturing chain, and the first 10,000 boxes got printed with CD key displayed in the wrong format. However - this is a minor issue, and it`s really easy to install the game.

The CD key you get with the Dawn of Fantasy DVD Box copy is in 6-5-5-5-4 format
For example: 123456-12345-12345-12345-1234

However, for the installer you need to enter your key in 5-5-5-5-5 format. Basically you are just switching - characters
12345-61234-51234-51234-51234

We suggest writing down your key on paper in this new format to make it easier to enter. Once you are done reenter it on the installer screen

Here`s a picture:

2) Confusing 0 (zero) and O (capital o) in the CD Key
We have seen numerous reports of players not sure if their CD Key includes an 0 (zero) or O (capital letter o). This could be a problem both when entering your CD key in the install and when registering in the online Kingdom.

This again only effects players with Boxed copy of the game, as these who purchased a digital copy of the game can just copy and paste.

Solution is to try entering the key first with capital Os and if that doesn`t work, change them to 0s. And other way around.

Keep in mind though it`s actually not hard do distinguish O and 0. Letter O is more round, while Zero 0 is narrower.

3) Upper Key characters ONLY
We`ve noticed a large number of users are typing in their CD keys with lower case characters! This doesn`t work:) Use capital letters only! So instead of a1b2c it should be A1B2C

4) Online Kingdom Registration
We often hear from players who are having trouble entering their CD key inside the game`s Online Kingdom - New Account registration menu, and get Error message: "CD key must be 25 characters in length"

From what we could find through our logs - most players simply enter their CD key wrong. What we recommend doing, is minimize the game (Alt-Tab), and type in your key in NotePad, MS Word or other program. Then copy the key (Cntrl + C), open the game and Paste (Cntrl +V) in the CD Key field.

5) You played Beta before. Now installing Retail version - and get an error
If you have played the beta of the game, and now when you try to install the game it says: Your key has expired, you`ll need another solution.
All the details for you can be found in this pot: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4157

6) Online Kingdom - "CD Key Already in Use"
If you get this issue, please use forum Private Message function to PM me - Konstantin. Inside your PM include:
-the CD key (it`s safe with me:p), but if you like you can omit the last 5 characters:)
-the username you were trying to register with
-Location you bought the game (just company name like Nex Way or Game Stop e.t.c)
And we`ll investigate this with-in 24 hours, and fix this so that you could register.

7) You have tried everything, but still can`t get your key to work
Please use forum Private Message function to PM me - Konstantin. Inside your PM include:
-the CD key (it`s safe with me:p), but if you like you can omit the last 5 characters:)
-Location you bought the game (just company name like Nex Way or Game Stop e.t.c)
And we`ll investigate this with-in 24 hours, and fix this so that you could register.

If you encounter any other problems please post here and we`ll try to help you!

I have looked into all the above. I got the game from IGN Prime and it just says "this key is not valid for dawn of fantasy"
Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 AM

Kaapo95 has a default reputation
Default Not working

My CD-Key isnt working tried everything
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Please send me a Private Message or e-mail to kfomenko@sympatico.ca, include your CD key that`s not working please.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 AM

LordMormoth has a default reputation
Default Invalid client key

Hi,

i installed dof and had no problem with the cd key at the first step.
But when i try to create my online account, i always have the same message "invalid client key".
I tried everyway to type my key, copy/paste from text file to the game, check if i wasn't doing an error when i type but nothing change...
So how can i deal with that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello Lord,

Make sure you carefully copy paste it, you can also try removing - characters and copy pasting this. If you still can`t get it to work - send me a Private Message or e-mail me @ support@reveriworld.com include your CD key, and Username, and Password (Something generic), and I`ll register your account on our end.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM

virus1824 has a default reputation
Default CD-Keys not working

I have been given additional keys by you but they are not working. It still pops up and says that they are invalid for dawn of fantasy. Something else must be the issue.

I have run as admin, updated all .net framework, updated drivers.

I am running win 7 64 bit.

Any suggestions? 3 Keys have failed now.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM

far4ngn has a default reputation
Default CD Key

Ok, so not part of the Beta, have removed/reinstalled and removed the DOFUpdater, entered in Caps and used 0, but CD Key is no longer active.

Anyway have pm'ed Konstantin so nothing to do but sit and wait :)
Old 03-18-2012, 10:57 AM

mikabrea has a default reputation
Default problème clé cd

Quote:
Dear new Players - we have seen some reports on various issues with entering your CD key during installation and Online Kingdom registration. We want to address all the issues and help you start playing the game. Please read the rest of this news story for a solution. If solutions included in this post don`t work for you please reply here describing your problem in our staff will try to help you.
même problème rencontré, j'ai tout essayé mais rien ne marche...