Impressions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success
Default Impressions

I was thinking about this game when i was in the shower (weird) and wanted to know when you first got the game after say a week what were your impressions about it?

The one who writes the most honest impressions (a small review i guess) i'll give out some prize.

If you've been here for more than 2 months no playing for you
Old 02-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
If you've been here for more than 2 months no playing for you
Than I make a new user, buy the game again and make an impression review just to be able to play and to win the prize.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

colonelsiege has a default reputation

Well I got the game about a week and a half ago now maybe a little less. A friend had showed me the 3rd developer video about the city building and some siege game play and what not and I thought it looked really good. I loved Rome: Total War and this game reminds me greatly of it, just better I guess you could say, the graphics and economy being a big plus to me.

I was surprised at how well the graphics were in this game, when my friend mentioned he had found an MMORTS that i might like i expected the graphics to be along the lines of Rome: Total War or worse, but definitely was impressed especially with the detail of large cities such as Dagbor. Mind you I'm playing the game on the lowest possible settings and I'm still impressed. Waiting on tax returns and then upgrading to a beastly computer and bumping everything to max.

The economy in RTS's has always been an area of interest to me and this game is no exception. Having so much going on around your city in terms of resource gathering and production gives me a sense of my city is "alive". The fact that different regions have different strengths of resource production is also interesting and you can send armies between cities to trade and move resources. The human plains for example are strong food developers and not so much in stone.

The city sieges are epic and fought out, similar to battles in movies such as Kingdom of Heaven or Troy, So if you've watched either of those movies, that is very similar to what in-game city sieges are like. Flaming boulders being hurled at enemy walls, hundreds if not thousands of soldiers on the field, Siege towers, battering rams, and Dragons.

I had one major bug where my city was deleted after not syncing properly with another player for pvp but that was resolved the next day and i was very impressed with the response time to my problem and the way it was handled. But that bug hasn't really affected my opinion of the game at all, since everything was restored I've continued what I was doing. And I'm well aware the bugs are being worked on and that it is an MMO therefore it WILL have bugs, just like WoW, Warhammer, Star Wars, and every other MMO.

Now I have yet to come across any more bugs besides some minor pathing issues but those are being fixed very soon. And keep in mind this game isn't run by EA or Blizzard and doesn't have like 500 people working to fix one thing as fast as possible, things take time and you need to be patient. I see people complaining about bugs sometimes like, "Oh my troops are stuck on this mountain, why did I even buy this game?". I mean seriously that's one of the issues they're fixing right now, and a solution until its implemented...don't walk close to mountains...problem solved... If a few bugs in an "MMO" are deterring you from wanting to play you should go back to single player games, because honestly your complaining gets old after a while, and ALL MMO's have their share of bugs which are eventually fixed.

Well these are my thoughts about the game so far. Overall I'd rate this game as a 4.5 out of 5 in my personal opinion. I think it will earn that other .5 when alliances, friend lists, and co-op are implemented which I know are coming.

Last edited by colonelsiege : 02-05-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelsiege View Post
SNIP
damn i haven't seen a honest review like that in a while when some other people post some i will put up a poll so everyone can pick their favourites
Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the kind words - and colonelsiege - great review! you can post it up on our Metacritic page here: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dawn-of-fantasy we are also looking for more player feedback and good reviews there.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

colonelsiege has a default reputation

Thanks guys, I posted my review on Metacritic. Up to 7.4 now.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

i would like to point out this mans revie

"This game is in ALPHA state for a good portion of its users. It becomes unstable and often crashes with too many issues to list. For me graphics lagspike to 5% gpu usage and stays there most of the time. PVP disconnects or is unusable by most if not everyone. Even with the trouble, the quest content is over in a few days. Not much to keep you there or keep coming back. I have stuck with the game and tried to track down many issues to help improve the game. No more. Like I said, ALPHA release, not worth the time"

and the score he gave was a 10 lol nice work

and colonel you're prize is on the way hope you like a dragon