Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Some trading suggestions, etc. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 AM

Woofy1250 has a default reputation
Default Some trading suggestions, etc.

Some suggestions related to trading functionality:

The ability for the game to note market prices in towns the player visits. For example, if trying to sell lumber at town A, a tooltip would list comparative prices from towns B and C. I remember Freelancer doing this very neatly. Mousing over a commodity in your inventory would bring up a list of locations the player has visited and their offered buy/sell prices for that commodity.

Marketplace building improvements - I feel like it'd be more useful by taking an average trade price of nearby NPC trade towns, or something along those lines, and offering those. Having it offer hardcoded and extremely unfavourable prices for goods makes it an utter waste of resources and time to build, for me. Maybe it's handy in a siege? Further, I'd love to see the marketplace UI resemble npc town goods market UI instead of a standard radial menu that essentially transmutes gold back and forth into resources according to set rates.

Alternately... the marketplace could possibly work by setting up a remote link (trade route) to an npc trade town's market of the player's choice, and trading directly with it. Sort of like a Customs House in Colonization offers the player the convenience of not having to manually transport goods back to Europe. To be fair, it should charge a tariff for the service, possibly based on distance from the player's town?

Other:

Some transparency on exactly how gold decay works when traveling. Is it decreased by having troops along? (protect the treasure against thieves) Is it fair for it to still occur when in an npc town, assuming that's not a bug? Tutorial tooltips explaining these more obscure mechanics would be great.

Another one in the same vein is needing to bring stone in order to fire trebuchets. I had to abandon a quest siege and go back to my town to get stone because this was nowhere explained when I bought a trebuchet. Not a huge deal, but still an inconvenience for me as joe average player. Maybe have the game check if the army has more than 50 stone per trebuchet the first time the player acquires one, and give a little warning popup explaining it requires the stone resource to fire.

Crown costs of tech upgrades and construction could stand to be decreased a bit. Once the tutorial questing starts to slow down, I ended by being quite hard up for crowns, while at the same time being overloaded with all the other resources, and being unable to spend them on anything besides houses and military units. I respect that it nudges the player into questing a bit more, but I feel like there's an imbalance in crown income and natural resource income once the player reaches the end of the "noob zone." Maybe it eases up after? I don't know, but that's my impression of the farthest I was able to get with persistent CTDing.

More population cap information. I strongly suspect my population cap is somehow being bugged with dead units still counting toward the max, but I can't be sure. It would be great if there was a mouseover tooltip that showed a detailed breakdown of what is using how much housing cap in my home city. Perhaps it could be an entire UI element that also allows the player to disband units for the sake of freeing it up. More pop cap information and management functionality would be fantastic.

Thanks for reading. Tried to cut down on tl;dr fatigue when looking at these.

Last edited by Woofy1250 : 01-12-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Can add, that I would gladly see a human marketplace looking than the place in front of Denwall:

Now the marketplace looks like this : http://imageshack.us/f/210/screenshot0z.jpg/

Front gate of Denwall: http://imageshack.us/f/692/screenshot9nw.jpg/
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

I'd also be up if we could invest in a market ourselves with resources/crowns and get benefits or profits,just like people invest in real life. That would def make it more interesting
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

player driven economy would be fun i think,though not sure how to create such a thing here.

Since no-ones addressed the other topics of the post I will.

Some transparency on exactly how gold decay works when traveling.---After your gold ammount clears your resource capicity,you satrt losing some in decay.Doesnt matter where you are,town,npc town,standing still,gonna decay,the more you have the more deacays per minute,up to 50 something.Trust me later on in game,not a big deal.

Another one in the same vein is needing to bring stone in order to fire trebuchets---This made me laugh,why wouldnt you need stone to fire a treb?I can see if you where using bolt throwers and had this issue,would think those would need wood.But the unit descriptions state they need stone to fire.

Crown costs of tech upgrades and construction could stand to be decreased a bit.---Not at all,they just increased walls but removed towers wealth cost,and increase the quests payout

More population cap information.-Sometimes this is bugged,best way to find out is to remove everything from city,put it all into an army,then restart cleint,alot of the times,that is plenty to clear it up,but sometimes theres livestock in the city,and in order to fix you need to bring 1 set of peasants to them and kill them,can be hard to find,since they dont show up on army screen,nor in the groups top-left.

The garrison option can also cause issues with towns population capicity,would suggest refraining from using it until its been fixed,and instead use the tranfer option.

Last edited by Neinth : 01-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

it's simple- let players trade using trade routes in map. ORCS GET TO RAID YA TRADE ROUTES THOUGH MUAAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 PM

Woofy1250 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinth View Post
player driven economy would be fun i think,though not sure how to create such a thing here.

Another one in the same vein is needing to bring stone in order to fire trebuchets---This made me laugh,why wouldnt you need stone to fire a treb?I can see if you where using bolt throwers and had this issue,would think those would need wood.But the unit descriptions state they need stone to fire.
I mean yeah it makes sense, and it'll put me on my guard with siege weapons in the future, but as far as I know games like total war and age of empires don't make you carry stone or wood around for ammunition, afaik. I cite those as examples because they're the inspiration behind parts of DoF from what I can see.

Actually, do archery units need lumber to reload? I've noticed my peasants were looting lumber from enemy bodies, and I found this a bit strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
Can add, that I would gladly see a human marketplace looking than the place in front of Denwall:

Now the marketplace looks like this : http://imageshack.us/f/210/screenshot0z.jpg/

Front gate of Denwall: http://imageshack.us/f/692/screenshot9nw.jpg/
I kinda like the enclosed trade hall look over the bazaar stalls. An option would always be nice, however.

Last edited by Woofy1250 : 01-12-2012 at 07:07 PM.