Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hero - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinth View Post
Yeah,better to **** off more people than fewer i suppose.........

And its not that I want hardcore(well I do but...) its that loss,in any game,should make you wince a little inside.Shouldnt be hard to bounce back from it,but should make you think twice about whatever you where doing when it happened.

You should be able to laugh it off,but should also make you re-think your tactics some.Your opponent should sort of chuckle some when he wins,knowing he just got you.
like would used to happen with dragons when i use my stealthed mounted rangers to kill some dudes royal ah the rage that came afterwards
Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Just bring anti-large type units...and dragons go bye bye..
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

I'm a bit iffy on the hide thing myself,should be a range where you can see them,before their right in middle you your army.Specially when it comes to dragons,if they die,hide will become the defacto way of killing them.

Now if fog of war worked,give dragons a radius of half their view range to see hidden units--think that would be perfect
Old 01-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
I'm a bit iffy on the hide thing myself,should be a range where you can see them,before their right in middle you your army.Specially when it comes to dragons,if they die,hide will become the defacto way of killing them.

Now if fog of war worked,give dragons a radius of half their view range to see hidden units--think that would be perfect
yeah fog of war and FOV would be great to see but it does remove the hide ability's usefulness a bit i won't say why because its my best defence but if someone wants to know pvp me later on
Old 01-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

hehehe whirlwind in your archers
Old 01-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
hehehe whirlwind in your archers
its more deception than anything, i play alot of R.U.S.E
Old 04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
Main Hero :
- free, respawnable but loses LVL when dies.

- customizable (how it looks) not only at the begining of the game (free), but later on in heroes house (cost wealth);

- buildings: Heroes House (used for respawning , upgrades and customization);

- research: archery (the Hero can use a bow like archers and automatically switch to sword without shield in close combat)
shielder (the Hero can not use the bow while in this stance but gets a shield and an armor boost)
mount (the Hero gets the ability to spawn a mount and fight as its race best mounted units) - if human then the hero becomes a sort of knight, if Orc then a warg rider or how they are called and so on...
eventually Dragon Rider or Dragon Slayer (only one can be researched and cost wealth) - Dragon Rider changes the mount to a dragon one
- Dragon Slayer gives the hero an ability to knock down dragons (it consumes stamina)

Other Heroes :
- costs wealth, can be from any race, but when dies can only be revived for a very limited time (cost 15% wealth of hero original cost) with lvl los, if not revived in time, hero dies forever;

- can not be customized (how it looks) but can select witch hero you like from a random 5 at a time;

- buildings: tavern and heroes house
tavern: the hero can be bought here from 5 random heroes that are from different races with different abilities, like archer hero, shielder hero or mounted hero;
heroes house: where you can revive youre hero for that limited time, maybe other upgrades that affects any hero you own.

What other ideas you lads have ?
Old 04-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Really cool ideas, szebus . Maybe you could also customize your heroes abilities at their house; and heroes could have more abilities (like five or six) instead of just two.

The abilities could be stuff like having a berserker rage, becoming temporarily invulnerable, or doing some cool magic explosion (there shouldn't be too much magic though, since that's meant for the still nonexistent wizards).

Equipping new abilities should be free, but unlocking them at the hero house should cost wealth. You could also upgrade them, making the abilities stronger and/or last long, for wealth. There could even be a few special abilities that you can only get as a reward from quests.

edit: don't agree with permadeath, though. If your hero dies, he should be revived, or maybe it costs a little wealth to revive him? Or if you get wealth whenever you kill an enemy hero?

Last edited by Dreamwalker : 04-14-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Thanks, and yes "The abilities could be stuff like having a berserker rage, becoming temporarily invulnerable, or doing some cool magic explosion"