Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hero - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

i actually still disagree with the perma death for hero because it's just stupid.The hero is the guy you worked on to get to 60(if you have it to 60). Now DOF is a game that's users friendly. Hero death is not friendly at all. Yes you can payout,but when I quest with hero,I don't exactly think:''ok so I might get attacked so ill fill my army with say 10k gold just in case''. Why? because it's just stupid. Sure you can buy pvp protection,but not everyone can afford to buy protection every time. Also if heroes would die and reset to 1,then I also want permanent damage from pvp on towns,since it means game is not user friendly.So if you get buildings destroyed,well too bad you'll have to start them again and research all upgrades.

Bottom line,either you make game users friendly, or not. You can't have both. We don't include dragons in that though since they are bought from shop with wealth
Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
SNIP
that was unnecessary as almost everybody knows perma-death is for hardcore games which are few and not as popular as casual games, also sunshine isn't even mentioned there neither is overworld or magic-pain of death, don't rely on Wikipedia to provide you with a list of games they couldn't even complete

and btw something is wrong here

title-"Multiplayer games currently featuring permanent death
LIST
Notice most of them are SINGLEPLAYER GAMERS OR SEVERLY OUTDATED ( OR TOTALLY UNPOPULAR OR TOTALLY NOT A MAINSTREAM GAME OR EVEN A RETAIL GAAME) I don't see any big name mmos.

odd, and as i stated above its for the more hardcore gamer and all of that just because i told a fellow forum-er about a great game jesus totally over reaction.

edit: also why make a huge post about 5-12 words i posted about how cool a certain game was
Old 01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

... and how about heroes ?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

I can see why people dont want hero reset.

Should be some downfall to loseing hero in battle,maybe lose 10% expereince or something.

I'm fine with a reset myself.

Death hurts.....
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
that was unnecessary as almost everybody knows perma-death is for hardcore games which are few and not as popular as casual games, also sunshine isn't even mentioned there neither is overworld or magic-pain of death, don't rely on Wikipedia to provide you with a list of games they couldn't even complete

and btw something is wrong here

title-"Multiplayer games currently featuring permanent death
LIST
Notice most of them are SINGLEPLAYER GAMERS OR SEVERLY OUTDATED ( OR TOTALLY UNPOPULAR OR TOTALLY NOT A MAINSTREAM GAME OR EVEN A RETAIL GAAME) I don't see any big name mmos.

odd, and as i stated above its for the more hardcore gamer and all of that just because i told a fellow forum-er about a great game jesus totally over reaction.

edit: also why make a huge post about 5-12 words i posted about how cool a certain game was
you still haven't told me about your "numerous" played mmos with PERMADEATH. "Certain Game" no names again? I looked up sunshine, what is it? Where is it? Ahem- We all know wikipedia is NOT the best source of info but it is in fact, a STARTING place. If you want to go digging for info, be my guest. A HUGE response is needed to counter your argument simply because, it proves your argument is in fact, invalid. And of course the so called "Games" you listed were not on there because they're simply UNKNOWN. Still not sure? Google is your friend. Use bigger name games to compare to DoF if you actually want a valid argument. Until then, feel free to roam the forums posting inconceivable posts.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

actually i think right now the hero is just fine.Sure there are no consequences, but if players work to get it to 60,well they have the right to ''abuse it'' so to speak. We can say that if heroes can do that why not dragons, but lvl 60 dragon and lvl 60 hero is a big difference. Also I'd rather have them work on bugs and hero customization +item crafting if it comes out, rather than tweak heroes. Heck,heroes themselves before were completly pointless and were dying easily at 4-5 squads.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Also I'd rather have them work on bugs and hero customization +item crafting if it comes out, rather than tweak heroes.
I agree,many more things that would be considered more important right now than this.

As for the rest,rts's tend to attract more than casual players,we have been waiting on a graphical rts style game for ages now.Even single player games have stopped being done,because average gamer type doesnt want hard.And its not just rts fans either,almost every genre of games available right now,theirs a large portion that want more difficult,stop pampering us and handing everything out on a silver platter.

If theres not an aspect of "loss" theres no sense of victory.No accomplishment.Goals mean nothing,pvp nothing,allaince nothing,no one loses anything so it has no value.

I like this game,I like what it could be.It may start an entire off-shoot of actual rts mmo's that are not done in browsers or have insane cash shops where money wins.Right now,in games current state,we,as players have a vioce in what we want to see.i suggest you ask yourself what got you here to start with.Obviosly something in other games wasnt doing it for you.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinth View Post
I agree,many more things that would be considered more important right now than this.

As for the rest,rts's tend to attract more than casual players,we have been waiting on a graphical rts style game for ages now.Even single player games have stopped being done,because average gamer type doesnt want hard.And its not just rts fans either,almost every genre of games available right now,theirs a large portion that want more difficult,stop pampering us and handing everything out on a silver platter.

If theres not an aspect of "loss" theres no sense of victory.No accomplishment.Goals mean nothing,pvp nothing,allaince nothing,no one loses anything so it has no value.

I like this game,I like what it could be.It may start an entire off-shoot of actual rts mmo's that are not done in browsers or have insane cash shops where money wins.Right now,in games current state,we,as players have a vioce in what we want to see.i suggest you ask yourself what got you here to start with.Obviosly something in other games wasnt doing it for you.
i agree its not a victory unless both sides has blood on their hands and winning by just that little bit is so exciting
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Hardcore features can be gradually added in later..when there's a larger population
Old 01-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Yeah,better to **** off more people than fewer i suppose.........

And its not that I want hardcore(well I do but...) its that loss,in any game,should make you wince a little inside.Shouldnt be hard to bounce back from it,but should make you think twice about whatever you where doing when it happened.

You should be able to laugh it off,but should also make you re-think your tactics some.Your opponent should sort of chuckle some when he wins,knowing he just got you.