Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What should happen to Dragons when they die? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Read below before voting. Choose the option you support.
#1. Dragons should die. 53 63.86%
#2. Dragons should Respawn with reset levels. 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2012, 01:30 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

I want my vote from #2 to #3. Misvoted. I want the dragons to die- idk about holiday dragons though. The DRAGONS MUST DIE BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSIDERED AN UNIT. IF ALL OTHER UNITS IN THE GAME DIE, THEN SO MUST THE DRAGON. COMMON SENSE HERP DERP! UNLESS YOU READ SOMEWHERE THAT DRAGONS WERE ALL GODS AND RES THEMSELVES WHILE HAVING A CASE OF AMNESIA! DO NOT VOTE FOR RESPAWNING DRAGONS OR YOU WILL HAVE AN OVERPOPULATION OF DRAGONS - which is HIGHLY UNREALISTIC.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

I went with #3.

Before, I was all for dragons respawning, but it's more fun just to kill them. And having thousands of dragons everywhere would get really old.

Except, of course, if dragons were their own race...though there'd have to be serious balancing done, it would (I think) be pretty sweet.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

Not really sure if putting thoughts opinions or facts all in caps gets anywhere more then just typing them out.

Anyhow. As for what is realistic and what is not that would be rather hard to determin in a fantasy game.

Some are looking for the shock troop factor of dragons that respawn others dont want to loose real life money if they spent it. However there are also some that just wish to see something new and different to be done with dragons.

Now what all that has in it only the developers truly have the power to see or create lol. Time will tell I reckon.

Alot of good ideas floating around so far.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

I dont think anyone wants to give up their dragons tbh.In the short view,it sucks,in the long run though,its gonna have to happen.Best to do it now,and move on and adjust,than to wait around knowing something is gonna have to change.

No matter what happens,got a feeling dragons will be a point of contention for entire time this games servers are running.

Meh let em respawn,their gonna get nerfed till their useless and are indeed vanity items

Kill em off,they will indeed become a rare site in pvp I'd imagine,will only see some rather high lvl ones if you do see em.

I liked the wealth per dragon killed,think that could be interesting way to do things,but a royale at ten bucks,not so sure to many people gonna roll with that.Also brings in current value of wealth.Someone like me can make 120 wealth in one day,yes I have no life.

I'd still think best comprimise is revive n pve,kill in pvp.

add a limit to the pop cap you can support,10% is 39,20 would be....higher hehehe really though 78,thing is stop giving us dragons for promo's we like it to much and wanna keep em lmao.TBH i think this may be where the real issue is.

I can get a royale or a red or a green any ole day of the week.But how am I supposed to show that noob my awsomeness without a Haunter or an Ice to pwn them with?

Personally,this is one of those topics i dont think anyones gonna "win" I say,you devs get toghether,decide whats gonna happen,let us know so we can rage on you for a while then come sulking back begging for mercy.Is the simplest and best solution to this,no matter what you do,someones not gonna like it,and this topic will never die.Its nice your getting our input as players,but dragons can be your bread and butter,letting use decide what happens to them isnt gonna help you guys out any.And honestly,I dont think its gonna help us any.If anything its going to start a spiral into dwarfs not dieing,then i'm tired of my worker units dieing,then unicorns are magical beasts,and my towns wishing well is actually the lost fountian of youth.

Make em die,cut their cost in half,give em a mini assault rifle and have them shoot laser beams from their arse.

You guys tell me whats gonna happen to Mr. Beefcakes,and I'll support it,I might not like it,but I'll get over and move on.As will everyone else.And if they dont,well hopefuly Mr. Beefcakes or one of his offspring will be able to show them the light.

One last time,just to make sure my points well taken,in this matter,screw the players,you give us what you intended these dragons to be.If what they where intended is overpowered or under powered,it can be fixed,while staying to what you had intended to start with.You should do this now,get this over with,before you end up with 10,000 players with 60,000 immortal dragons rageing on you for making their dragons die.

I leave you with some famous words of a well known dragon:

Quote:
Draco: My time is over! Strike!
Bowen: You are my friend.
Draco: Then as my friend, STRIKE, PLEASE!
See, the dragons will understand,they long for death,but they fear it as well ,for upon death,a dragon loses his soul.........(their souls are made of wealth)
Old 01-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
I want my vote from #2 to #3. Misvoted. I want the dragons to die- idk about holiday dragons though. The DRAGONS MUST DIE BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSIDERED AN UNIT. IF ALL OTHER UNITS IN THE GAME DIE, THEN SO MUST THE DRAGON. COMMON SENSE HERP DERP! UNLESS YOU READ SOMEWHERE THAT DRAGONS WERE ALL GODS AND RES THEMSELVES WHILE HAVING A CASE OF AMNESIA! DO NOT VOTE FOR RESPAWNING DRAGONS OR YOU WILL HAVE AN OVERPOPULATION OF DRAGONS - which is HIGHLY UNREALISTIC.
I'm editing the poll, there is really only 2 things to vote for here...

Dragons should die.
Dragons should respawn.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Andy Joslin voted for 1#

Old 01-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

i believe they should die just to make them rarer but if this happens will they become more powerful?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Chris Harshman voted for 1#

Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Chris Harshman voted for 1#
so much for a anonymous vote, i mean who cares about privacy

what did you vote for?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
so much for a anonymous vote, i mean who cares about privacy

what did you vote for?
I say this because publicly I annouced that dev votes count for 5 votes.